SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitey123_gw

Carrier Infinity static pressure

whitey123
15 years ago

I have a 1250sq.ft. one story brick house with moderate insulation in Raleigh NC. I just had the following HVAC installed with all new ductwork to existing vents.

Carrier Infinity furnace 58MVB060-F-1-14

Carrier Infinity coil CNPHP2417ATA

Carrier Infinity AC 24ANA724A003

Carrier Infinity thermostat SYSTXCCUID01-A

There was some change out of supply vent for return vents but the number of each remained the same as before, 7 supply and 6 return.

Within 1 hour of start-up and the installers leaving, I began to hearing fan/blower noises and the "reset/change air filter" message popped up. I reset the filter message and it poppped up again. This kept repeating.

I called and reported the problem and a technician came out the next day and informed me I had insufficient air flow and static pressure of 1.54.

The company came out the next day, after some irate phone calls from me, and said they would need to install new vents or expand the exisiting vents. All my vents are wall vents and can't be expanded. They ended up changing 3 return from 6" to 7" and all supply from 6" to 8" and the main return line from 14" to 16".

After this change, the static pressure was .97. I was told .5 was optimal and don't feel a reduction from 1.54 to .97 is sufficient. I am concerned over operational efficiency, comfort and wear/tear on the system.

Am I being overly concerned with the static pressure. By the way, the fan/blower noise is still there and the air filter message is back.

The forum has been very helpful with suggestions on the proper system and I really appreciate the expertise provided by members.

Comments (7)