SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terimorris

Exterior Color Pick Emergency!!! Please Help

terimorris
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My painter is impatiently waiting for me to come up with a color choice for the exterior of my house. I am having issues trying to coordinate the white roof with the light green Bahama Shutters and if I make a mistake I am big trouble. This is the final stage of several years of complete interior rebuild after hurricaine damage.

Presently I am thinking

of SW Dorian Gray with the front door in SW Forged Steel. I tried SW Colonnade Gray but it had red undertones on the east side of house. The front of house faces south.

I wanted a medium light paint to keep the color from washing out, very sunny down here in coastal NC. Presently have SW Navajo White and would like to change. I will be using SW colors.

Water about 500 ft away, around the house is lawn and wetlands. I have put samples up but around here there is shortage of sample pots from SW and seems like gallon samples is the only way to go so I am awaiting Dorian Gray as I write this.

Do you think Dorian Gray will work with my BAHAMA SHUTTERS?? I have the large printed sample I purschased up and I am just not sure. 🤔

Anyone have an idea on another color that they have seen or worked with that would make this come together?🤔

I live in HOA so no wild co

lo

rs, and I would like to stick with SW and my painter is going to use satin finish.

On the sample white board is SW Repose Gray, Mindful Gray and Dorian Gray. I really like Dorian Gray , but what about with those BAHAMA SHUTTERS ? On the siding is SW Colonnade Gray which is where it had the reddish undertones.

Thanks everyone

Comment