SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_979133467

bathroom/laundry Layouts

HU-979133467
2 years ago

We’re getting ready to do a basement renovation and we are trying to figure out the best layout for a laundry area next to or within an existing bathroom and alcove/under stairs space. In the diagram, we are planning to expand the shower to be the full length of the wall it’s on (we think the previous owner just put in the cheapest stall possible) and the blue outlined area is the space we have to work with for where to put the laundry area. On the left, there is a rectangular space of ~20” with that is currently empty between walls (has the beginnings of an old chimney in it that never was finished!) The walls of the bathroom next to the alcove are easily changed, as is the doorway of needed.

I would prefer to have a side by side laundry set up as I’m fairly short, but I’m open to stacked if it makes the space work better. We are also open to compact size laundry units. I would love to have room for a utility sink, space for drying rack/line (I hang dry many items), and a bit of storage for laundry/bathroom items, but that may be asking for too much given the space. The other option is to have a sink that is dual purpose for the bathroom/laundry so I can have a bit of space to hand wash items in the sink if needed.

Any ideas/thoughts are welcome! Thank you!

Comments (7)