SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bowmeister67

Show me your refrigerator next to your rangetop!

bowmeister67
2 years ago

Our kitchen remodel is due to begin in the next 6-8 weeks. A late decision to add a hidden pantry has resulted in our 48" rangetop squeezing over very close to our refrigerator. We weren't planning to change our 48" stainless steel refrigerator/freezer and now trying to gain space by ordering separate columns isn't worth the wait! (being told Feb 23 for SubZero and at least 8 months for Thermador) I am not worried about the usable room on either side of the cooktop. We will have at least 9" on either side and a large island countertop in front of to handle prep and resting of pots, etc. We really like the convenience of our current configuration and would prefer not to consider moving the refrigerator to a different location. It would help me to see pics of this scenario. I have found plenty of alcoves where the space on either side of the range is manufacturer minimum, but not any photos where the refrigerator (with wood side panel) is up against this small space. The right side of the rangetop/hood have this minimal ledge and be open on the side with the pantry door opening on the same plane as the backsplash.

Comments (31)