SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
almostdone21

You all dislike my kitchen layout. Help me figure it out :)

almostdone21
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I posted about which fridge I should choose for this layout and I got a lot of people saying the layout was bad and should be reconfigured. Here's the deal, what would you do given this kitchen size and constraints. (fyi anything is a major major upgrade because right now I have a bathroom in my kitchen, range in a tiny peninsula, and only one upper cabinet)

- Can't move plumbing to the exterior wall where the range is, so the fridge can't go there

-Can't move windows, so the sink must stay in the corner

-Island is already as small as I would like to go 72", needs to seat 3 children, so fridge can't go opposite on the other wall with the doorway or it would kill the island, and we will use that walkway to get to powder room so it will be high traffic over there.

-We love the idea of having a dedicated coffee bar because we already have low counter space and I like to keep all the coffee stuff separate, but it's only 12" deep in this layout because we are trying to give ample room for the pantry.

-Need a decent-sized pantry for a family of 5. This one is 30" and I can't imagine going any smaller, it will have pullouts inside.

-This full-depth fridge in the pic will probably be replaced with a counter-depth one.

- The mudroom, will possibly be a butlers pantry, or a coffee bar could go in there, but is that kinda weird to have your coffee made right off the powder room and too far from the fridge for creamer etc.

Comments (12)