Sunday's Brain Game-----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This puzzle is baseball-oriented.

Comments (32)

• bpath
    2 years ago

The players are still locked out so it’s nice to have some baseball fun.

Not sure about 13 and 17, and just as I was about to say 15 it hit me.

Also still thinking about the bonus.

Thanks, jasdip!

• User
    2 years ago

Good morning.

Oh my goodness! I think I just might have them all right off the bat! Bonus came right away.

I must have a had a good night’s sleep.🤠

Thanks, Jasdip

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I might not have 8☹️

Working on it though.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I edited the original wording, and deleted the comment that it might be difficult for some or most of you. Hah! Apparently not, there are some baseball fans here!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm missing 8 and 17. I think I have the bonus.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Happy Sunday all! As a baseball fan, most of these came quickly to me. And, I got the bonus right away also - yay! I'm not positive of my guess for 19 though, and for 8, I'm wondering if part of the puzzle is missing....my guess assumes so. Funny enough, 11 came to me right after I finished counting all of the words. : )

• User
    2 years ago

Oh yes lettersatoz!

I do believe 8 has something missing.

If so, I’ve hit a homerun on the puzzle today🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Let’s have some music🎶

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Definitely NOT a baseball fan here, but when you've raised five boys who all played little league, and then had grandsons who played, too, you're bound to retain some things. So I got most of them on the first go-round, will go back through them and try for the rest. Think I have the bonus, too, but it's so simple, it's bound to be wrong.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

I forgot to include #8 in my "not yet" list. But, I did get #17 just now, so I'm even.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I think I have them all except #8. I dont know everything about baseball, but that one doesn’t make any sense. Maybe a slang term that is unfamiliar?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Baseball was one of the first organized sports I learned and understood - but that was from attending Little League games to watch the cute boys, so my jargon knowledge is a bit rudimentary 😄

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I have something for #8 and I can do it without anything else. But....who knows.

And I just got something for #17.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Still blank here for 8 and 18, and 17 has a question mark.

Rusty

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

As someone with a father who breathed, ate, and slept baseball, coached the base team every where we lived and drug us to the games and would dominate every single source as in both TV's and the radio during the season I know as little as possible about it. I have most of them more or less but will tamely await the answer to what that d represents and will likely still not get it.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Any hints on 13 and 8?

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Bpath, 13 is ”indicating” a specific hitter. So another word for indicating, or specifying (or actually specifiED) is what you might call that guy.

And 8……”ug”(h)….if there were a couple of additional letters “outside“ of the box, it might be clearer. Or at least that’s my answer.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Rusty, 18 is where a player waits his turn to hit. If they actually get a hit, 17 is what might happen if the next guy strikes out.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here you go!!! I've been up since 3am since I couldn't sleep. I made my bread at that time :) So I'm going to bed shortly.

Good luck!!

1. Triple play

2. Shortstop

3. Who's on First?

4. Box scores

5. Seventh inning stretch

6. Center field

7. Line drive

8. Dugout

9. High fly

10. Pitcher's mound

11. World series

12. Baseball diamond

13. Designated hitter

14.. Squeeze play

15. Windup

16.Top of the ninth

17. Left on base

18. On-deck circle

19. Batting slump

20. Southpaw

And..... An insider

• User
    2 years ago

The bonus isn’t ’split second decision’????

• User
    2 years ago

Well, I got them all….but I don’t understand how 8 is dugout with just a single d. I was just assuming ’ug’ was missing. Got the answer though.🙂

I’m giving myself full points for my bonus answer.🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip.

Have a good sleep.🌙

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Heck if I didn't get 8 because that is what I thought of but could see no way for it to be. Of course there were others I didnt have a clue and did not get.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I had outfield defense for #8. Did not get the bonus, as usual.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

No, the bonus HAS to be split second decision….Jasdip must be mistaken. I’m giving myself credit for that, and I’m happy that my uncertain guess for 17 was correct. Got a grand slam!!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

ACK!!!! I gave the wrong answer for the bonus! So I won't be posting that question in the future!!

YES Split-second decision. I guess I was tired :-(

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

No worries, Jasdip! And actually, maybe tomorrow’s bonus should be that WE have to guess how ”an insider” is depicted in whatever puzzle you were looking at.

• User
    2 years ago

EanR

That’s my guess!🤠

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I did get the bonus correct! Just assumed that, as usual, I got it wrong so didn't question it.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I didn't do too bad for someone that doesn't like team sports. Didn't get 8 or 18 and missed 13 and 17. Did get the bonus right, thanks to Jasdip's correction.

These puzzles are fun whether I get them right or not, thanks, Jasdip!

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Whew on the bonus! When I read the original I thought i was in the twilight zone. I never did get #8 though. Dugout never occurred to me, as all i could see was a d out.

Thanks, Jasdip, and hope you get a good nap.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

And "d out" was how I came up with outfield defense. Dugout never came to me either.

In hockey, players are separated into D and O but both types of players will be on the ice at the same time. In baseball if the team is in the field they are all on the defense but they are still separated as infield defense, outfield defense, and then the pitcher and catcher are specialized.

I'm just trying to justify my guess. :)