SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_levine0

Range hood questions - and LG gas range while I'm at it!

Jeff Levine
2 years ago

I've been searching this forum for range hood advice and I'm overwhelmed! So much good advice from some incredibly knowledgeable folks! It's hard to distill. Looking at reviews I see a lot of sites rate Hauslane hoods as best but I don't see a lot of chatter on this forum about them, which suggests that those sites may not truly be rating hoods but rather pushing a brand, no?

Installing a gas range with total BTU of 60k. 30 inches wide. 5 burners. Replacing a microwave OTR with a hood. I don't care about the cost of the hood. It seems that the difference between cheap and expensive isn't worth giving up the things that are important, i.e. ventilation and noise. Venting out to the kitchen exterior wall.

I've read some terrible things about vent-a-hood on this forum so "not going there."

Happy to listen to any suggestions. And does anyone have a Hauslane hood? Like it?

Also, about to settle on an LG 6.3 gas range. Consumer Reports loves them. Should I trust them? Need self cleaning oven and at least one high output burner. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)