SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fitfor94

Jack and Jill Bath Advice

fitfor94
2 years ago

We bought a 30 year old home last year and are now updating it. The contractor thinks the Jack and Jill bath is too chopped up and is advising us to get rid of the 2 separate sink rooms, shower/toilet room, and one bedroom's walk-in closet to create a larger bathroom. He proposes a toilet room, a linen closet and a room with a double vanity and large shower plus tub. He hasn't drawn it up, though. My husband and I don't have kids yet, so we're looking at this from a cost and practicality standpoint. We're inclined to just replace the small stall shower with an alcove tub/shower like we have in the hall bathroom and put in a new toilet and new vanities/sinks in the same configuration. The contractor insists the space is too small for an alcove tub, but we have 5'5" x 36" available in the highlighted space. We have to replace the subfloor due to water damage, so everything will be torn out (except for walls, unless we reconfigure). I'm looking for advice on what others would do if they were updating this space.

Comments (7)