SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_270504292

replacement casement windows exterior question

jb jb
2 years ago

I am in the process of getting estimates for replacement casement windows and sliding door. I have had four companies come out and give me quotes for both vinyl and fiberglass casement windows. My problem is that the companies are giving me conflicting information regarding the exterior color I would like to use. I want a bronze color on the exterior. Two of the companies told me that it would be no issue to use a dark color vinyl (bronze) on the windows/ vinyl sliding door and the other two companies have told me that you shouldn't do that because the bronze colored vinyl will warp and fiberglass would be a better option. Can I go with a vinyl bronze color on the exterior or will there be issues in the future? Any opinions on this would be so helpful because I have no idea what to do since two companies said yes and two said no.

Also, I am getting conflicting information regarding doing pocket replacement versus full replacement. My windows are large (a 4 section casement that is one, large window and a 3 section casement...one window, too ). One salesman told me you should not do pocket replacement with a casement window since they will cut the Mullions that will compromise the frame of it since they have to saw around the window to do the pocket installation. My home is older (from 70's) and not new construction. Any advice on which type of install should be done would be so helpful, too. Thanks!

Comments (2)