SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

I think I have backed myself into a corner

Funkyart
2 years ago

I have a need for LR curtains that I can close, when needed, to better block the light-- and I have been craving a fresher look. Fresher colors and a touch more modern. As I posted in another thread, I have purchased new panels that I really like.. a buffalo check for the Breakfast Room and a geometric pattern for the LR. Both are navy and white -- they should arrive today so i will be able to see if they are white or ivory but based on photos, they appear to be pretty white.

Breakfast room:

LR:

My challenge: I have also been shopping for a new LR rug intermittently. I had a number of potentials saved but there was no real front runner. The new curtains sparked me to return to my search for a rug -- and now NOTHING seems to work well with the blue and white geometric. The curtains will not be right up against the rug but of course the patterns need to coordinate.

I know i should have selected the rug first-- but I have an immediate need for curtains. Ugh.

I can return the curtains-- so i am not really backed into a corner-- but i am curious what kind of rugs people use with these patterns. I am sure a natural woven sisal or similar would work but that's not the direction i want to go. I would consider a wool rug that emulates a natural fiber but i definitely want something soft. I think the buffalo check would be easier to coordinate in the LR but I am pretty set on the BC for the breakfast room.

What kind of rug would you pair with the geometric navy pattern? Should i just save my energy and return them and go for something more neutral-- or at least a pattern without a white background?

Comments (55)