SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

My GST is back and I think we have eggs!!!

Hi!! I discovered this forum by accident a couple of months ago, when I had a giant swallowtail caterpillar. I want to thank everyone who sent me kind emails of encouragement as my catapillar formed a chrysalis and then just a couple of weeks later hatched. That was so exciting and a new experience for this gal in her mid 50s! It's the simple things in life, isn't it!

This afternoon I was getting ready to water the backyard and I saw two giant swallowtail's dancing around the orange tree. One seem to linger on a couple of leaves for a while. And then they flew off. I saw them hanging in a pine tree behind my yard, seemingly at rest.

Since I don't use chemicals in the backyard, I was going outback to clip off the leaves that were damaged by leaf miners. Something told me to check every set of leaves I was clipping off since I had seen the butterflies. Well I did, but I didn't find anything except damage from leaf miners!

I was cutting some of the pieces into smaller pieces to throw away, and something caught my eye. There on the top of a healthy leaf on the tree was a little tiny orange dot. I looked closer and found several more leaves with a little orange eggs. One of them isn't orange... It's kind of white.

Are my eyes fooling me!!!?? I think my GSTs returned and I now have a nursery! Any advice is welcome!! I am pretty excited! I'll look on the web for info, but I do appreciate first-hand accounts!

Thanks in advance,
Kristi

Comments (11)

Sponsored