SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_406099191

Truss uplift phenomenon in a new build 2021

Amy J
2 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm experiencing what appears to be truss uplift and it was then confirmed with the builder as well. I live in Canada and it gets quite cold in Winter. I am surprised at the extent of the damage in my new house. We took possession in Sept 2021. We noticed the cracks along the ceilings and edge of walls just last month. Most of our corners also has cracks going the wall. We thought it was settling but now I know is truss uplift.. I am quite disappointed and afraid this is something I will experience every year. We were told that painters will come to fix it up in February even though the builder originally said they will come in March/April as I brought it up the fact that the cracks are getting wider and longer... How does one fix the gaps without using crown molding? And could this possibly mean the builder didn't do the preventative measures for truss uplift as I read on an article that newer homes don't usually experience this even though my builder said its completely normal. I have several new homeowners tell me that is definitely not normal and the damage is unacceptable (they did not build with my builder). Its all over my upstairs level. Corners, edges of almost every wall, cracks going down every corner of each room. I am disheartened.. Is there a permanent fix? Here are photos for reference. This is just a few out of the 50 photos I have...

Comments (7)