SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melinag99

Curtain clueless

melinag99
2 years ago

Hello all, this is my first post to houzz! My husband and I just recently bought our first home so I'm sure it won't be the last 😄 My first question is just for general advice on curtains for our master bedroom, as my title says I'm pretty clueless. We have 8ft ceilings, 2 full length windows, 2 half length, and then some sliding glass doors to our deck. In my head I was thinking to have curtain rods near the ceiling and beautiful floor length curtains (I've always loved that look) and some sort of window treatment for light control (I need it dark when I sleep). But the 2 half length windows are kind of behind our furniture, so I'm assuming floor length curtains wouldn't look right there? So I was thinking maybe apron length? Should I match the shorter curtains to the longer ones?
Also one of the floor length windows is very close to the corner (see pics), so somewhat stumped as to what to do there. Only put one panel on one side, or gather the curtain and attach it to the other wall somehow? Then of course there's the sliding glass door... Do I do something completely different from the rest of the room there? 😅
The furniture is just stuff we already had and will eventually be replaced, for the most part I've been going for a light airy look through the house. Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

Comments (5)