SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlusk724

What color shutters and door for this yellow/gold house?

Meghan Lusk
2 years ago

Hi all - I am having a real dilemma in picking a shutter color for our house. Long term I want to paint the entire house, as I prefer cool colors and this is too warm for me. But that's not in the budget, as the interior is getting an extensive renovation before we move in. So, I am having the shutters painted and replacing the front door.

First, I am not sure what color my house really is...yellow? gold? yellowy tan? I have included several pictures so that you can see different exposures in different lights. The trim is a very creamy white (will eventually be repainted crisp white when I have the entire house painted in a few years). The roof over the bay window and the downspouts/gutters are bronze (roof is a lighter bronze due to sun exposure).

I am leaning towards black or very dark navy shutters. But I can't find many pictures of houses my color online, most yellow houses tend to be lighter in color than mine, with less brown. And I have no idea what to paint my front door. I have attached a pic of the front door we will be installing, only difference is the transom will be straight and not bowed on top.

Any and all opinions on shutter and/or door color are very much welcome! I am also open to ideas other than black and navy, I am just not terribly creative when it comes to these things so it's hard for me to come up with the possibilities. The only colors I would not want to use are red and brown.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath