SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_46286433

Color for front door on a yellow house

User
4 years ago

This should be an easy decision, but apparently it's not! We are going back and forth on the color of the front door for our new-ish house (long story; we are moving into my dad's house). The door needs to be replaced for non-aesthetic reasons (it's old and it swelled and opening/closing is an issue; it's a 25 year old house so this is to be expected.) So since we must replace it, i'm contemplating colors.

The house is currently a light yellow with forest green shutters and a green door and light roof (because 1994). The roof must ALSO be replaced for non-aesthetic reasons, so I'm near 100% certain I'm going darker (see photos). So my question is: very dark charcoal/black shutters with a matching door or with a red door? Understanding we will also be making the roof darker.

Here it is as it is today (like literally today):

Here's some messing with it I did online to be able to picture it:

I was also hoping to get rid of the white railing and columns in the future and replace them with no railing and cedar posts (and do a matching cedar decorative thing where the white one is at the roof peak). But I'm not sure that's necessary. Is that necessary? Note the garage doors are white but can also be replaced (not pictured as the garage was open).

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths