SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Gingerbread houses and frosting cookies

annie1992
2 years ago

OK, so I like to do things that make a mess, and when you have grandkids, well, you can blame them.

Madi and Maci came to spend the night with me a few weeks ago, and they made a gingerbread house. We only made one, so Madi got to decorate one side, Maci got the other. Yeah, I should have covered the tablecloth. and I noticed this was before Madi got her red hair for Christmas, so now you know what her hair REALLY looks like...

This side was Madi's, she just turned 10:

This is Maci's. She's 8, but has much less "focus" and a lot of energy....

While they worked diligently with frosting, I made Diane/CraftyRN's cucciadati, (which is a very adult fig newton, and one of Elery's favorites), some cherry shortbread and a batch of peanut butter kisses with the flourless dough, so Amanda could have some cookies too.

Then we rolled, cut and baked. Let the sprinkles begin!

Please overlook the Minion there on the left, Madi just had to use that tube of decorating gel that The Princess brought. Nasty stuff and it never sets up, so of course we had to use it, LOL.

And then we ate cookies, drank hot chocolate and watched The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell as a car stealing, rock and rolling Santa...

Annie

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH