SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pfar54

Laundry room ideas - What do you think?

pfar54
2 years ago

I am looking to revamp my laundry room. My house was built in the late 90s. So unfortunately I have one of the common laundry closets.
My initial plan:
Gutting - Take the cabinets out, sink and washer/dryer. Then as you can see in the photos, there is an ironing board built in next to the closet. My plan is to remove that as well. Lastly, I'm contemplating removing the closet doors for multiple reasons. It won't work with my design thoughts, the doors are constantly open which annoys me, the new washer and dryer will be larger, and a few other reasons.
Design Plan:
I purchased a new washer/dryer. Front load ones. They are white in color.
Walls - I am considering adding shiplap to the walls in the closet walls and then next to the closet (where the ironing board is). Painting it white.
Since this space is small, workflow/storage is crucial to me. Frequently, there are laundry baskets on the floor. This hallway leads directly to the garage so it is an annoyance. My thought was to build a cabinet that could fit 2-3 laundry baskets. Then potentially keep one of my existing cabinets to hold the laundry cleaner essentials.
On the top of the washer/dryer adding a wood shelf to be able to set things on it. I would make this out of maple, ash or birch for a light tone. Lastly, I want to get a different sink and hardware. Something that still has an exposed bottom because I store my dog food in containers under it.
‐‐------------‐-----------------------------------
What do you all think of my ideas above? If you have other thoughts or inspirational photos, I would love to hear/see them.
Below are photos of my laundry room and some photos I have found.
What do you think?

Comments (2)