SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orangecamera

Orangecamera's Kitchen Update - Before and After

orangecamera
2 years ago

The old kitchen. Pickled oak (I think?) cabinets, with a dark green Corian countertop and integrated double sink. Notice the green Corian "racing stripe" around the backsplash.

We kept most of the existing cabinets, but replaced the doors and drawer fronts with Formica clad slabs. To the right of the sink, we got rid of the 9" spice drawer in favor of a double trash can drawer. Although it looks smaller in the pictures, the new stainless steel single sink is exactly the same size of the old double sink, and is much more user-friendly.

The wide trim around the window is gone, in favor of having wider cabinets on both sides. The new thin trim is painted orange (of course!!!). New backspash, obviously! And we added undercabinet tape lighting.

Above the double wall ovens, before and ....

After! Now I can reach everything without a step stool.

Our cabinetmaker and I worked together to design a movable "island" that is also the cat-feeding station. It tucks in under the handle of the lower oven, but can be easily moved away when necessary. That seemingly small extra counter space has come in very handy.

The coffee station before and after. Also, had my light (from my old house) installed.

And I reupholstered the chairs.

Comments (23)