SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisinclt

BEFORE pics of my Kitchen remodel... Need ideas for my AFTER update!

Chris
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm beyond ready to modernize my early 2000's kitchen (in a recently purchased home) and have spent countless hours online searching for cabinet and countertop ideas. If money were not an issue I'd probably just gut the whole thing and start from scratch, but since I most likely won't be living here long term I'd like to keep it as low budget as possible. TIA for any suggestions and please excuse the counter clutter.

Here are my dislikes and what I'd like to change:

Overall: Dark, too much brown/beige and not enough contrast. Keeping existing floors.

Granite countertops: Colors too dark and warm especially with existing wood stained cabinets and floors. Don't see any way around replacing them besides painting/epoxy which is not an ideal option.

Love quartz and quartzite in light color (not pure white).

Cabinets: Dislike raised panel fronts and spaces between doors/drawers, wood stain color, wasted space above up to ceiling, hardware. Prefer flat front cabinet drawers and doors that meet when they close without the large gaps in between. Not crazy about corner shelving or top moldings.

Want either lighter colored wood stain or solid non-white color, light-medium gray.

Backsplash: Replacement tile TBD after above is selected.

Comments (24)