SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
credomk_gw

painting update - before and after pictures (pic heavy)

credomk
14 years ago

Well, we've finished most of the painting. We moved into a house with all builder white walls two years ago, painted the kids' rooms, their bathroom, and guest room, and lived with the rest of it for a long time. Finally a month and a half ago we started painting. (You have have seen my post agonizing about selecting colors.) Here are some before and afters. :-) (Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Not sure what was going on with my camera. They're also huge.)

Note: We were working under constraints of outdated furniture, golden oak woodwork, and a carpet that has an odd undertone (not visible in the pictures). These aren't necessarily the colors I would have chosen in a perfect world, but I'm happy with them until we update furniture/carpet.

Fireplace wall before:

Fireplace wall after:

Front/play room before:

After:

Office before:

After:

Foyer before:

Foyer after:

Two-story foyer after:

(Still playing with basket ideas for ledge.)

Stairway wall before:

After:

Entry corner before:

Entry corner after:

I don't have any good full-on shots of the kitchen--didn't have time to make it presentable. :-) I'll do those in a separate post someday to ask for accessorizing suggestions. Same with the master bedroom and bathroom.

Thanks for reading, and for all those who helped when I was debating paint colors!

Colors used: BM's Smoky Mountain for main areas, BM's Desert Shadows for accent color on stairway walls, and RH's Silver Sage (color matched) for office.

Comments (26)