SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying

Mourning the loss of a dear friend

OutsidePlaying
2 years ago

Yesterday was one of the saddest days I have had in a long time. I found out a dear friend of 50+ years passed away the previous day after a brief illness. I talked at length with her son a couple of times yesterday and we both laughed and cried together, which I think helped both of us. Her death was not Covid related but she did develop pneumonia and sepsis and at 84 and a widow, we both think she was just ready to go. I’m so thankful her son and his partner took good care of her and took her places in the past several years. He shared several wonderful stories she had not told me. He also told me of some things she said during her Christmas visit that indicated she was ’predicting’ her death if that makes sense.

I am just so sad about her death as the past months have left us with only phone calls and emails. She was at the hospital with me 50-something years ago and holding my mother’s hand as they waited for my baby girl to be born. She loved my daughter as her own, having just her one son, and my daughter loved her like a grandmother. She was such fun to be and laugh with and when I needed a friend or advice, she was always there with her wisdom. I missed her husband when he passed away several years ago, but oh my am I going to miss her.

Sorry for the downer, but I needed to talk this out with others and I hope you all understand. Stay in touch with those you love and cherish your friends.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths