SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

The most thoughtful and meaningful gift

Jilly
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I had a long post written out, but lucky for you all, I lost it from iPad shenanigans today. :D

In a nutshell (still pretty long):

My precious DD, who at 15 bravely held her dad’s hand as he took his last breath, made these candles for DH and I.

We were both widowed, days apart. Cancer. 12 years now.

One candle is for my DH’s beautiful late wife, and is called ”Ocean”. There was nothing she loved more than the vacations she and DH took every year to various ocean destinations. I’ve seen pics and video of their fun vacations … she was so happy! Her laughter was a beautiful thing. And this candle scent evokes her memory so well. DH was very moved.

The other is a scent that reminded DD of her beloved dad, and she knew would remind me of him, too. And wow, she nailed it. I got teary as soon as I smelled it. Somehow she captured his essence in this scent — a mix of the cologne he wore and the love he shared.

Words can’t describe what these mean to DH and I. We are so proud of her. Her dad, somewhere, is so proud of her. DH’s first wife would be proud of her, too. She’s a strong, beautiful, wise, kind, thoughtful, funny, amazing young woman. I know this was a labor of love for her, making these in their memory, but emotionally not easy. They both passed during the holiday season, so we all feel their loss even stronger during then.

Thank you for reading. :)

I blurred their names. I wish this was scratch n sniff, and you could all smell these. ”Ocean” and ”Mahogany Teakwood”, custom mixed by my DD.

We miss them both so very much.

Comments (63)