SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelbradley5

Need paint color help for little girls room

R J
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My daughter is 5, and we are re-doing her room. She is a little spit fire. She loves color and really wants a fun room. I know she'll only be little once, so I'm trying to meet her dreams without looking too much like a crayon box. I would love suggestions for wall colors.

The trim in her room and the entire house is 'import ivory' which is a very warm cream color. I know cream is out right now, but I happen to like it, plus it is literally everywhere in our house. With the right colors, the cream is crisp and warm. Against bright whites, it can look very dingy. The window seat we installed is the same color as the trim. I'm having a cream cushion with magenta piping (same color as her bed) being made. We also will be installing a cream colored tiered fringe chandelier over the bench.

The bed and rug (close up attached) are staying. The bedspread can stay or go (probably go).

Is there a color that could work in this room that is fun but not "too much?" I was thinking maybe a neutral blue/green that coordinates with the rug. Or if you think the current green works, let me know. It was my son's nursery color and my daughter doesn't like it, but I could convince her if needed.

Comments (47)