SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lee_geo54

New build bedroom window placement

HU 1234567
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am in the process of finalizing plans for my new passive solar house in northern ON, zone 3b.

The only modification to the design that I have requested is for the windows of the 2 bedrooms at the back, south facing side of the house. The original design has one window in each bedroom facing the exterior sides of the house - with views of the neighbour's houses +/-40 ft away. My backyard faces a woodland and it would be lovely to enjoy the views and added light in the bedrooms. I asked the drafter to add rear-facing windows, but am not at all sure if this will work. I think the side windows need to stay, or from the outside the house will look quite drab. Unfortunately the back wall is lower than the sides due to the cathedral ceiling and the proposed windows don't look quite right in terms of placement and orientation. I have tried to visualise the rooms using the ikea kitchen planner but am not feeling it is quite there, and in the primary the bed would cover part of a window

. It doesn't quite look right from the outside either. Any suggestions to take back to the drawing board would be much appreciated!

I will try to post some images below, plans followed by sketches of bedroom #2 then the primary.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County