SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lana1552

Help me make shower decisions! (pregnancy brain is killing me!)

Alana
2 years ago

I am usually pretty decent at making decisions, but lately it feels like the smallest choice is impossible!! I would love to get your thoughts on 3 parts of our shower design. We are down to the studs, so have full flexibility on electric & plumbing placement (minus use of the wall opposite the planned wall shower heads for plumbing since it's an external wall).

First, which niche tile pattern is your favorite?? I will tell you that I was leaning towards #2 when in the tile store, but I'm afraid the black is stands out more than I was expecting when it's used in such a large area.

Second, we have an 8" rain shower in the plans, but I can't decide if a handheld is sufficient for a secondary shower head, or if we should also have a third wall mounted option - any thoughts based on experience with the rain showers?

Third, any strong opinions out there on lighting/exhaust placement? I want to make sure the shower is well lit with recessed lighting since it will have 3 solid walls (only the door will be glass) and could be very dark otherwise... but maybe 4 is overkill?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to provide some feedback!

Comments (4)