December already.......what are you reading ?
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (67)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
What are you reading in December?
Comments (61)Giving A Gentleman in Moscow to my dear friend and book club buddy for Xmas-I hope she loves it as much as I did. I just finished the latest Cork O'Connor mystery suspense novel. This is a series that is always interesting; the protagonist is an investigator of mixed Ojibwe/European ancestry and it's set in northern Minnesota. Lots of great insight and background about both topics and almost always a riveting storyline as well. I started Hillbilly Elegy last night, enjoying it very much so far. Helps that my own family background is Scots-Irish hillbilly although my family doesn't have the, um, colorful style of the author's to say the least! On my bookshelf for holiday enjoyment is the latest Flavia de Luce, the latest Longmire, Ordinary Light, Sweetbitter, and Today Will be Different which is the latest by Maria Semple of Where'd You Go Bernadette fame....See MoreDecember Reading--Last Books Read in 2016
Comments (111)Carolyn, I read a couple some years ago. I must check and see if my library has reprints. I am reading my books slowly at present, there seems to be so many other things to do, like dropping off to sleep! My D gave me a small CD player for Xmas with handy top buttons. Just right for listening to recorded favourite books. I have been accumulating some in case of being confined to bed or having the eye operation for cataracts. I am doing a Scarlett O'Hara on that!...See MoreWhat are you reading? December 2022 Edition
Comments (110)I finished Murder and Mayhem in Manayunk and overall. I committed to reading it before I looked up anything- so it has like maybe 20 ( if that) reviews/ratings which is normally a red flag for me. Then of course, not available through tthe library but I did spring for the $1.99 for kindle. Anyway, it was a real spy type thriller, based in Philadelphia with tons of local references. Mostly I did enjoy it and although not great literature (and really poor proofreading as well as typesetting it that's what it's called?) it was very entertaining and consuiming. Towards the end though, I was very ready for it to be done. I gave it 3 stars but if there were half star ratings I would say a solid 2,5 So I have finished out my year and will look forward to the 2023 threads. So much on my to be read list........ Happy reading everyone....See MoreWhat are you reading? December 2024 Edition
Comments (32)I just finished Framed: Astonishing True Stories of Wrongful Convictions by John Grisham and Jim McCloskey. Depressing to think how wrong our criminal justice system can be...not because of errors or innocent mistakes, but because prosecutors and police get wedded to the idea that someone is guilty and the seek all the evidence they can, including paying informants, withholding evidence and lying, to see themselves proven right...even after incontrovertible proof comes out that they are wrong. 4 star, but not for book group unless they have a stomach for the disheartening. Next up is It's Always Something by Gilda Radner. My library is doing a reading challenge with a myriad of topics to choose from between now and mid March: book with a color in the title, or book you didn't read in school kinda of stuff. So I'm pouring it on for awhile....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING GUIDESCalifornia Gardener's December Checklist
Let California's version of holly brighten the winter landscape — or consider another holiday performer from the whole host of choices
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEIt’s National Book Month — Give Your Reading Spot Some Love
Let these cozy nooks and light-washed corners inspire you to make your reading space special
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGBaking Soda: The Amazing All-Natural Cleanser You Already Own
Battle grime, banish odors and freshen clothes with this common nontoxic cupboard staple
Full Story
BOOKSBeautify Your Home With Things You May Already Own
Get ideas for creating vignettes, arranging collections and more in the new book ‘Domino: Your Guide to a Stylish Home’
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSDecember Checklist for a Smooth-Running Home
It's time to add weather stripping, plan for holiday home safety, consider backup heating, check your emergency kits and more
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMake Sure You Read This Before Buying New Plants
Follow these 10 plant-selection tips to avoid buyer’s remorse
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your December Home Checklist
Spruce up your home for days and nights spent indoors and close to home this holiday season
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full StorySponsored
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
Carolyn Newlen