SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reneechap1

Has anyone replaced a Kohler Whitehaven with completely different sink

reneechap1
2 years ago

Hi - we are near the end of a total kitchen remodel. We used our Kohler Whitehaven sink for 2 days for Thanksgiving and after doing the dishes Thanksgiving evening, the enamel divider between the 2 sink basins "exploded", shattering all over one of the basins and on our new countertops. I don't feel confident replacing the Whitehaven double basin with another Whitehaven double basin as I saw a review on Build.com that was posted in the past couple of days with almost the same, exact complaint/issue as ours (although they've had their Whitehaven for 4 months). Our plumber said that the single basin Whitehaven will not work because of the location of the drain hole (our dishwasher is to the left of the sink, drain hole/plumbing/wires won't work). We do have the option of the Kohler stainless steel 2- basin Vault, but the estimate we've been given is approx. $6000 to re-template our brand-new countertops, new plumbing and new cabinetry (just to fit the sink). Has anyone had to replace a Kohler Whitehaven and found a similar sink (possibly Fireclay) that worked? Right now I'm looking at the Franke 36" inch double basin fireclay undermount sink but need to make sure all the specs work. Any/all ideas welcome.

Comments (5)