SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebroline

Kohler Whitehaven sink backordered - please help!

ebroline
5 years ago

We selected and signed off on plumbing fixtures over a year ago for our custom new construction home. Our cabinets started going in last week, and I was just informed that the Kohler Whitehaven 33" farm sink that we selected for our kitchen is on backorder until February due to a fire at the plant. Unfortunately, that's not going to work for us, as the plan is for the house to be completed in late November. So, I went to visit the showroom where we selected our plumbing fixtures last August, picked out a few of what seemed to be comparable options, and the salesperson sent the info to our plumber for pricing. Well I got the pricing back, and both of the options are astronomically higher than what the Kohler was originally quoted to us for (around $750 incl. tax) last August...a total of $1494 for a 33" Barclay apron sink and $1847 for a Rohl Shaws 33" farm sink. Both included a wire grid for the bottom, which our original selection did not. I checked with the salesperson today and she informed me that they have gone through 2 price increases since I made (and signed off on with our builder) the original Kohler selection. My dilemma is...who pays for this?? Am I to take the hit for the extra cost now that it's over a year after we signed off on our selections? Should our builder be covering the extra for a comparable sink? The plumbing sales place? Can anyone advise me on a practical solution? I do not want to settle for something of poor quality or a smaller sink just to keep close to the original price. I don't feel that I should have to do that...perhaps I'm in the wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments (16)