SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Ingredients you could not find for this week?

Lars
2 years ago

We're having pizza for TG, and so I went to the store to buy some more fresh basil, and they have absolutely none. Normally, they have two sizes of plants that you can store in water for up to two months, and unfortunately, I left the live plant that I have in Los Angeles. I've always found live basil at Stater Brothers but not today. Gelson's in Rancho Mirage might have it, but I'm not going to drive there just for that. I'll just make the pizza without basil. I did buy mushrooms, and so maybe I'll use those instead.

I have not noticed any other shortages this year, but last year was a different story, I think, although I cannot remember exactly what I had trouble finding - possibly flour and yeast, but I have plenty of that now.

I'm thinking that the fresh basil plants might be seasonal. I will look for potted versions at Home Depot or Lowe's when I go there to buy paint - probably next week, or maybe this week-end. I want to get started on renovating my kitchen cabinets here. They are already painted, and so we will strip the paint and repaint, and in the meantime, I will have to find a place to store everything that is in the cabinets. That won't be much of a problem, since the cabinets here do not hold much. I can probably store everything in the sewing room/dining room easily enough. I need to shop for new countertops, sink, and faucet as well. I hope there are not severe shortages of paint and paint supplies.

Comments (18)