SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ankmt

Window Treatments for Large, Front Facing Windows that Open on Bottom

Allison
2 years ago

Hello! I just moved into a home that has large, front facing windows that almost take up the entire wall. There's 6 different windows that face the front - the 3 on top do not open, and the 3 small windows on the bottom open outward for ventilation. Underneath the entire length of the windows is a baseboard heater.

Initially I thought I'd hang drapes that I could pull back as needed for privacy, but my understanding is that would drastically effect the efficiency of the baseboard heater. I live way up north so can't have that, haha. The window is 127" wide frame to frame. Another idea I had was to get one window treatment that would mount on top to cover the entire window, ending just above the baseboard heat. Another was an inside mount in each of the 3 windows, but I'm concerned it wouldn't lay right over the frame that divides the lower windows and the handles on the bottom that stick out. I'm not hugely concerned about covering the lower windows for privacy but think that having the option would be important.

What window treatment options would work best to make this room look put together? I'm stumped. Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments (10)