SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trm655

Need Help Enhancing Pool Area

Tom M.
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am in New Jersey and for many years I have wanted to get rid of the grass on one side of the pool and install a more useable area. I have gone through deciding between putting either a pergola, backyard pub, firepit/fireplace, bbq area or seating area or a combination of them. I am reaching out to the Houzz community for some ideas. Some work would be done DIY and some I may bring in a professional. The area is about 60 x 16 and gets sun all day as the long side runs from east to west. The pool is about 50 feet from the house and the area would need to be leveled as the ground slopes down away from the pool, which has made it difficult to put chairs. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or observations.

The above is the front of house to show our style

The area in front of the trees is where I would like to enhance.

This picture shows the area I want to enhance. It gets sun all day long. This picture is west facing. As you might be able to see the ground slopes down away from the pool making it difficult to put chairs and would need to be leveled.

This picture is from the corner of the area facing Northwest. There is seating in the area. To the right is where we put lounge chairs during the season.

Comments (3)