SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Daylily Colors That Defy Description 2021

shive
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This category covers unusual color blends, daylilies that look a different color than their registered description in your garden, or daylilies that show different colors depending on temperature. The next category will be Bitones and Bicolors on Monday.

Curt Hanson seems to produce a lot of unusual color blends. Allegheny Skyline is one of his that varies quite a bit in color - sometimes looking lavender and sometimes a reddish pink. He registered it as Cashmere Rose in color. Here are a couple of looks that it had this season. Notice how different the watermark colors are, as well as the petal color.

Hanson's Two Sues is another with an unusual blend of colors. He calls it a bronze rose.

His Tiffany Shade is another unsual blend, registered as raspberry rose. Here it actually looks that shade.

But most times when I look at it, I can't decide whether it's pink or lavender.

White Eyes Pink Dragon is Pink Eyes Lavender Dragon here.

Blood of the Martyrs is registered as a black cranberry, but it mostly looks purple or red in my garden. The blackness must be due to the temps in Emmerich's garden.

Blood of the Martyrs looking more red.

Clown Parade is registered as a rose pink bicolor, but it looks coral red most of the time here.

Debra

Comments (12)