SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Favorite Lavender Daylilies of 2021

shive
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This is the post for lavender lovers, and I know we have quite a few on this forum. So show us your best lavenders, whether they are lavender purple, rosy lavender, red lavender or pink lavender. Monday will be yellows! Thanks to everyone who is participating. When we do the color posts, we see a lot of daylilies whose photos are not posted much.

My top favorite lavender this season was Royal Invitation. This photo is on rebloom. Earlier blooms had more teeth on the edge, but I like the look of this flowing white edge. This is the second year for this one to bloom in my garden, and I've been thrilled with the increase of fans and the rebloom. It's also a good pod setter, and grows taller than the registered 22 inches here (24-26 inches in my garden).

Aerial Applique is always lovely in the early season.

I need to get Angels Bow Down out of a pot. It didn't have many blooms last year, but the ones it did have were striking.

Carmen Renee is a joy in the late season.

English Lavender had taller, better-budded scapes this year. I think it's finally recovering from the grub attacks. It hasn't mutliplied in four years though. In fact, it went from four to three fans.

Untamed Heart was beautiful at clump strength, and it rebloomed for the first time ever!

Grace Alone had pretty flowers, but not many buds. I don't think my pot area gets enough sun anymore.

Pistil Whipped has had short scapes both years. I made sure to dose it well with grub killer in September.

Freudian Slip

Lavender Evensong for Al was a new one this Spring. I like the blooms and hope it does even better next year.

Debra

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting