SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Best Pink Daylilies of 2021

shive
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This is the first of the color posts. Show us your prettiest pinks from this year. There's no limit on how many you post. You can define best as you choose: the prettiest, the most unique, the best performing, etc. Purples will be on display Wednesday. Check the schedule for all the colors that I posted last week, if you want to participate. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

Here were my best pink performers this season:

Carolina Pale Face was a nice clump this year and had several rebloom scapes.

The Color of Wonderful bloomed for a long time, and then rebloomed this year.

Grandma's Smile - No rebloom this year because it gets too shaded starting at midseason.

Divas In Diamonds gave a good initial showing, but did not rebloom this year.

Maney Augustine looks impressive at clump strength. It does have a bud count of 10-12 here, but even so it bloomed for four weeks.

Neon Flamingo was its registered height for a change. It always puts on a nice show.

Promises Kept was an amazing clump this year.

Pink Lemonade Party always blooms and reblooms well.

Judy's Jewel had its most buds ever - 18 on the best scape. It still isn't multiplying though. After five years, I only have four fans.

Last Chance for Romance mesmerizes in the late garden. It had many scapes with buds in the 20s this year.

More in the comments!

Debra

Comments (43)

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

My favorite new pink this year was The Pink Shabang. I liked the way it rebloomed on all three fans.

Strawberry Alarm Clock impressed me because it had nice late rebloom this year. It had not rebloomed the previous years I've grown it.

Dearest Valentine always has pretty flowers and reblooms for me, but scapes were short and not as well budded this time because the grubs attacked it.

Here were some of my favorite pink seedlings:

Dancing Flamingo x Bubblegum Delicious

Grandma's Smile X Dearest Valentine

Grandma's Smile x Bubblegum Delicious

Cexy Samantha x Bubblegum Delicious #1

Cexy Samantha x Bubblegum Delicious #2

(Natalie Antoinette x Symphony of Praise) x Secret of Contentment

Dancing Flamingo seedling

Seedling X Pink Aloha

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

Debra, its nice to see all those pink seedlings together, so pretty!

Here are some of my pinks.

Banshee Whisper has been a great performer here, muliplied quickly, the blooms always look good.

Crystaline Entity has done well here, its been in the garden for five years.

Coco’s Curiosity is getting established and just had its first full season. Lovely blooms its first season.

Itza Pink Teddy has done well here, mulipied quickly and has rebloomed for me. This was a bonus plant, so glad I have it.

Jolyene Nicole always has pristine blooms.

Morrocan Sunrise, I cant say enough good things about this daylily, stellar performance every season.

Neon Flamingo was new to the garden this past season, love the color.

Undercurrent is a favorite here, great increase and has rebloomed twice for me over the past few years.

Sherry

• Related Discussions

Best Purple Daylilies of 2021

Q

Comments (37)
    Houzz does not seem to want to post my pictures, maybe it will let me just write a little bit I have All of My Love to You, can't wait it mine looks like that, Debra. I have debated before on getting Reckless Girls but always talk myself out of it, but what a clump! Bluegrass Shadows looks so pretty, but I think I heard it does not grow that well? Love your Laura Harwood, Sherry. Mine did well this year, 2nd year I think for me. Nancy, Absolute Ripper is another I keep talking myself out of, but regretting that now. Man Eating Bat looks great Kate, I have always liked the look of Larry's Obsession, but it died for me and I have not tried it again. I got Love Struck this fall, hope mine survives. Garden Butterfly is gorgeous Celeste, Thunder Glow was on my wish list, but you are not the only one who mentioned splotches, so it quickly came off. Love Olly Olly Oxen free and Claudine's Charm. Claudine died last year, I may replace that on. I think a big mole dug under it. Brad, Kirsten's Corsage always looks good for you, and I like Liberty Banner David, Mystery of the Ages is gorgeous I will see if Houzz will let me post a few pictures by editing Back Scratcher has done well for me Blue Voodoo has done really well, expecially since it is really crowded by another plant. I know I took better pictures than this one Enduring Freedom always does well, occasionally it splotches but not often since I moved it Coach's Magic Man has increased well in its 2nd season, bloomed and rebloomed both years I have had it. This will b e nice when it becomes a nice clump Filled to Overflowing almost died a couple of years ago, went down to 1 fan, but is a nice clump this year and bloomed over 6 weeks Westbourne Chip off the Old Block is as great as Kay promised, bloomed for almost 2 months with rebloom Green Rainbow Kierabel is a lighter purple with deeper purple in it, so I may have it in the wrong category. It is a great plant though, has multiplied really well and bloomed great Westbourne REvivals does well Make it Snappy did great this year
    ...See More

Best Red Daylilies of 2021

Q

Comments (31)
    This post didn't work yesterday. Trying again, hope I can read what I wrote yesterday.. Favorites: Debra: Diver Down, Kara Louise, Dancing Flamingo kid Maryl: Acquire the Fire. Mine performs the same as yours, wonderfully. Sherry: Red Volunteer. It is indeed good for a shady area. Kate: Christmas Greeting, showy noid. Celeste--Marietta Warrior, Scarlett Pansy, Kenora Wildfire. David: Fire on the Mt. Persian Ruby. Nancy, Mama Drams, Insider Trading. Brave World Bombay Silk, and excellent flower in every way. Cherry Treat, finally after many years had a good year. Worth the wait, what a color! Cherry Cheeks Christmas Day. Always well budded, colorfast. Catastrophe Waitress more below
    ...See More

Best Yellow Daylilies of 2021

Q

Comments (27)
    I don't pay much attention to yellows - except that I notice how great they look with purples. The ones that do captivate me have either an amazing shape or a great edge. Those that captivated me on this thread include: Amazing Shapes: Simplicity in Motion, Desert Icicle, Olfactory Evidence and Living in Amsterdam. Great Edges: Golden Child, Golden Hibiscus and Butter Cream. Great photo composition: Maryl's Lisa Apps Sybrandt Here's one more of my yellows that always does well: Sweeten Creek is a reliable rebloomer. Debra
    ...See More

Daylily Colors That Defy Description 2021

Q

Comments (12)
    Will try again for more.... This is one of my one year old seedlings. A cross of 'Deepwater Horizon' x 'Allie Katt' Earlier blooms were a smoky purple blend While later it took on brown tones.... RASPBERRY SUEDE It isn't black, it isn't red, it isn't purple.....more likely a combo of all 3 TEDDY BEARS PICNIC Everyone who grows this one knows it can range in color. Sometimes it's purple, sometimes it's tan or brown, sometimes it's a blend PISTACHIO MOON Some days it will look pale lavender and other times nearly white a strange colored seedling out of 'Green Token' ADDIS ABABA Not truly red, but not truly pink......registered as a rose violet red blend
    ...See More
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

A few more.

South Sea Serenade has done well in a less than ideal place.

Northwind Dancer has finally done well in its new place, needed more sun.

Zuzu’s Treasure had its second full season here and is doing well, has doubled fans.

Sherry

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

Lots of pretty pinks! Here are a few of mine-I did not realize how many I had!!

Memphis-outstanding this year after being moved

Silky Twilight-looking more pink on rebloom

Final Touch-looking scraggly on rebloom

Shores of Time-another that was great this year

No Boys Allowed

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

And more!

Bold Symphony

Soft Summer Morning

Farmer’s Daughter

Plastic Pink Flamingos

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Kate - You have a lot of pretty pinks! Easter Courtship and Madam Secretary caught my eye, and your clump of No Boys Allowed wows me. My No Boys is in too much shade now and only bloomed on two scapes this year. I need to find a place to move it. Pink Plastic Flamingo is another one I like.

Sherry - Thanks for your comment about the pink seedlings! Your picture of Zuzu's Treasure is so pretty. That's another one of my intros that did not do well this year here because of grub attacks. It always looks more lavender than pink for you and Brad. South Sea Serenade and Itza Pink Teddy are lovely pinks. Some of the ones you posted are registered as lavender and look lavender on my screen: Coco's Curiosity, Morrocan Sunrise and Undercurrent. I like all three of those. We do have a category for lavender.

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

Debra, I get the pink versus lavender in the photos here. I guess I just picked photos according to what I remember seeing, didnt pay attention to the color on registration. Sometimes I think its a sun versus shade photo, an example, here is Zuzu in the sun, very pink ; )

Sherry

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Sherry - Zuzu's Treasure looks lavender here in the shade and pink in the sun too. I registered it as pink lavender since it seems to be a blend of the two. Do Moroccan Sunrise and Undercurrent look pink in the sun too?

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

If I were looking for a new pink I wouldn't have much further to look then this post. So many pretty ones. So many clumps of pretty ones. I hope David sees this and contributes his many beautiful pink Bennetts too................. I lost a few of my pinks due to the killer Arctic front in February, but here are a few that impressed me this year:

Paradise Road. A later one that is almost always flawless:

Dearest Valentine. Reblooms are not the norm in my garden, but DV rebloomed late in the season this year and did a miraculous job of surviving our unusual sub zero temperatures in its small pot:

A new one this year that bloomed for a long time

Clown Cabaret:

Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Maryl - Paradise Road is one I've not seen before. It's a pretty thing, and how nice it's late. I see it's registered as having 40 inch scapes. How tall did it get for you in a pot? That's a gorgeous photo of Dearest Valentine. I'm glad it rebloomed for you. It always reblooms here - even when the grubs eat the roots in the Spring. I used to have Clown Cabaret but lost it in a pot one bad winter. It has a very unique look.

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

Debra, Undercurrent and Morrocan Sunrise are what I call a rosie pink, definitely not red or purple in shade. Here is a photo of Morrocan Sunrise from 2019 that is what I see.

Sherry

• celeste/NH
    2 years ago

Everyone's pinks are wonderful. In daylilies, pink is my 2nd favorite color after purple. Stand-outs for me are Debra's cluster of Promises Kept, Judy's Jewel and Maney Augustine (but all are beautiful and I love the seedlings!); Sherry's Morrocan Sunrise; Kate's Memphis & Silky Twilight; Maryl's Clown Cabaret. Hoping for Mantis to post some of his too!

I won't post all of mine since there are far too many, just the most worthy ones or the ones I like best.

Dance With Somebody

Desiree

Pinewood Strawberry Moon

Kitty Bannerman

Bombay Silk

Awaken The Dawn

Katherine Caldwell

Emily Dickinson

Dragonfly Dance

Pink Braid

I will be back later to post a few more.....gotta feed some starving grandsons.....LOL

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 years ago

Oh, so many lovely pinks! I just can't pick favorites. Debra, your pink seedlings are lovely.

Here are a few of our pinks. Bob doesn't care for the pink ones, or so he says, so most of these are my choices.

Here's my picture of Dearest Valentine. I love it--edge, watermark, and luscious color! What more could you want.

Delinquent Doll is new (in 2020) to the garden. It is a late bloomer that also rebloomed this year.

Ground Control to Major Tom is registered as rosy red, but it is more coral pink to my eye.

Heavenly Be My Valentine is registered as hot pink (looks a little lavender here).

Heavenly Lover's Lane is rose pink.

Heavenly Pink Angel is muddy pink if you ask me. This is its first year here and it is in a pot. I hope the color improves once it is planted.

I'm not going to press my luck. I'll put the rest in the comments.

Nancy

2 years ago

Irish Vampire Fangs is sort of a coral pink.

Jammin's Lipstick Kisses is more of a true pink.

I am really liking Pink Stripes.

Here's a clump of Rosie Cotton's Ribbons--a rose pink.

I love the big white watermark on Sweet Isabela.

Bonibrae Cotton Candy Swirls is sort of a lavender pink.

And here is Final Touch to finish it off.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 years ago

Afew favorites from above, Dance with Somebody ( dont think I’ve seen it before) Maryl and Nancy’s Dearest Valentine.

Celeste, glad to see you joined the party!

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

Glad to see you are able to post a few Celeste. The colors on Dragonfly Dance sure stand out.........Nan: considering the fact that I pretty much like round selfs, I find your pink stripes rather interesting in a novelty sort of way. Image that with teeth!.................Debra: Since I grow in small pots I don't take measurements or do bud counts as the results more then likely wouldn't realistically reflect in ground statistics. Paradise Road is definitely not short, nor overly tall enough for it to stand out in my memory. It is consistently beautiful however. Clown Cabaret is a Salter daylily. Salter daylilies can do well for me, but some are a bit tender and I can loose them under harsh winter conditions........ Maryl

• celeste/NH
    2 years ago

Nancy, I like Ground Control to Major Tom. Very pretty.

Here are a few more pinks I found in my files from this summer:

Boss Hogg

Ida Lou

Strawberry Blast

Flying Trapeze

Pastel Pink

America The Beautiful

Hippopotamus

Heaven's Throne

All My Kittens

Jody Ann

• celeste/NH
    2 years ago

And I found a few more.....this should do it.

Webster's Pink Wonder

one of my seedlings.....Kitty Bannerman x Spacecoast Francis Busby

Shores of Time

Rebecca Hockridge

White Eyes Pink Dragon

Crowning Achievement

Castle Camelot

Brookey's Beauty

2 years ago

Celeste, I like Kitty Bannerman X SC Francis Busby. How lovely with all those big ruffles!

Maryl, I wish I could get teeth on Pink Stripes. So far (as far as I know) teeth only exists in the tets.

Nancy

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here are some more of my pinks. These had a so-so number of buds this year, but I do love their blooms.

American Doll

Bubblegum Delicious

Pink Aloha

Honky Tonk Barbie

Old Time Italian

Memphis

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

I meant to come back immediately and comment on my plants,, but got called away and forgot.

Contadina is a good bloomer, nice height, and perfect flowers. I am surprised that I rarely see it

Bubblegum Twist was in it 2nd year.. I bloomed well, has multiplied well, and rebloomed.

Lonesome Heart did well this year,, much better than previously. I moved it,, guess it likes it's new spotl

Stumbling Stone is kinda dark pink bitone, not been a great plant, not lots of blooms and not multiplied much. Probably in too much shade

Titanic Tower Has been a great plant

Finish With a flourish is really pretty, 2nd year in my garden, it has done ok but I am hoping for better next year

Hush Little Baby, beautiful color

Border Crossing, a good plant and attractive color

Malaysian Marketplace, love the flowers, it has good years and bad. This was a good year. Not a heavy bloomer but it bloomed for 5 weeks.

• Nancy 6b
    2 years ago

San Ignatio is a really great plant, pretty color of pink, blooms well and multiplies well for me

Treasure of the southwest Has not done great, gains a fan and loses 2. I have 2 fans now after 3 years I think. Large flowers and if memory is correct it got 29 blooms on the only scape, it only had 1 fan at that time. Stunning color

Bama Music an oldie that only dies so so here

Jedi Dot Pierce reminds me a lot of Jolyene Nicole, large flowers, short scapes,

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Nancy - I do love the Stamile pinks. Your clumps of San Ignatio and Lonesome Heart are beautiful!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

I do like the comments on cultivars. Otherwise, it's like scrolling through posts on Facebook, with endless glossy pictures and almost no one daring to comment on performance. Which is appropriate, I suppose, for Facebook. It's so much work being a hybridizer, and best not imitate tart-tongued Alice Roosevelt, who had embroidered on her settee pillow, "If you can't say anything nice, come sit here with me."

I think that pinks have lost their luster since the days of Stamile's pink intros, which were such an exciting advance on the peachy pinks of earlier days. On auctions nowadays, I see pinks getting hardly any bids, and some people cannot conceal their contempt for pink.

Does Boss Hogg grow well for you, Celeste? I, like a friend in Kentucky, am wary of RFK kids, as they have a reputation for being slow growers. Memphis was nice this year, but not like 2020. Shores of Time was awful, but can always be inconsistent here. Does Pinewood Strawberry Moon perform well? I seldom see it offered. Many cultivars did not perform well here, probably because of late spring freezes. At the same time, some had an outstanding year. Later cultivars actually had a good show because of plentiful moisture.

Boss Lady --touted as an improved Webster's Pink Wonder, and certainly so here. Blushing Escapade also got into the pic (it was outstanding, with good scape height and plentiful rebloom).

Katherine Caldwell --somewhat plain, but a welcome earlier cultivar.

Sitting Cool was as alluring as David has described, though I haven't seen it at maturity.

Salty Skipper I have seen, and it is bountiful in bloom. We will see if it bounces back better than Wild Cherry Wine after division. Dips in general I find slower to establish.

Here's another cluster under different lighting.

Willow Dean Smith had a good year after an off year. In the back is Dankie earlier in the morning (not usually that dark).

Reliably good is Blue Pink Beauty.

El Shaddai can be very nice, but like many Emmerichs, could benefit from being a few inches taller.

Sweet Isabella provided many days of outstanding displays, but is in a sunny morning location that can make pics difficult.

Love 'n Loujean was exciting, though I have limited experience with it. This category is so broad. I have tended to avoid rose shades.

Purdy Rich was interesting, though color is slightly on the--shall we say?--burnished side.

How Lovely You Are is a reliable performer.

Alien DNA had some interesting flowers. It surprised me, as I did not have high expectations. We shall see in the future. Again, a color that is more raspberry.

Heartbeat of Heaven had a good year, with fewer deformities.

Neon Flamingo is never strongly budded, but does fit its name.

White Eyes Pink Dragon had a very good year, as did many mid-lates.

Kiss My Aura is an interesting earlier one, but I think now that it will never have good bud count. Perhaps a reason (among others) why it was a bonus.

And another shot of Boss Lady.

Crintonic Beautiful Day

Blushing Escapade

Wild Cherry Wine

Bored Housewife --vigorous and striking

A Lot Like Love --remarkable substance, though one person warned me that it can be short. We shall see.

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

I am finally getting around to posting some of the pinks that I grow. I will agree with Mantis about the Stamile pinks and had always looked forward to them. I also looked forward to Bud Bennett's pinks. I am working with his and some other, hopefully choice pinks from other hybridizers. Mr. Bennett would bring in 1 or 2 pinks from other hybridizers and make multiple crosses. So I am attempting to follow his lead by bringing in 1 or 2 new pinks to use with his intros. I brought in I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW, which has ROYAL PINK TWIST as a parent and Mr. Bennett used that one with his intros and introduced several with RPT as a parent. I also won COOL FOOL on the Lily Auction and will use that next summer with several of Mr. Bennett's intros. Enough rambling, time for some pictures and comments.

NEON FLAMINGO: It was awesome this year. The color popped and scapes carried 12 to 15 buds.

WEBSTER'S PINK WONDER: Great this year. Multiple massive blooms.

OUR FRIEND OLIN: Nice and ruffled dusty pink. Early bloomer. I need to save the pollen for some of Bennett intros.

COCKY AND BOLD: One of the taller Bennett intros. This image is darker than most on this plant. It usually is a baby ribbon pink.

More in the comments.

David

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

CORINTHIAN PINK - An old Stamile intro. The blooms are consistent and it is consistently reaching 36 inches.

LEGEND OF THE FALL: This has a Bennett look but is not one of his. This is a larger flower and rounder than many of the Bennett intros. This one also reaches 32 to 36 inches tall.

PRAIRIE PINK LACE: This is more of a dusty rose than pink. This one is certainly ruffled and it is a diploid. Difficult to set seeds on. I now have a way to store pollen, so I will be storing its pollen next year. By the time I get home from work, the pollen is all gone and on the weekends, it always rained.

BO KNOWS: Bloom machine. Pod fertile as the bees were busy. I will have to use it next year. It has a red edge on a diploid.

continued

David

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

ELEGANT CANDY: Consistent bloom after bloom.

BORN TO BE AWESOME: I am hoping that it gets a little taller. It is only about 12 inches. I think it should be about 20 inches.

PASSING FANCY: This is a Bennett that I am liking more each year. It blooms for a long period of time and has a well branched scape.

PARTY PINAFORE: Slow to increase but it is a great looking bloom.

More

David

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

FAST PLEASURE: Slowly becoming a favorite.

FASHIONNAIRE: One of my favorite Bennett intros.

BURTONSVILLE BLUSH: Another Bennett pink.

LUCKY DEBUT: Another Bennett pink. This was a bonus plant one year. Large blooms.

That is all for tonight.

David

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

Sitting Cool: A favorite Bennett that is in the pink/peach family.

JUBILEE BALL: This Bennett is great in that it faces outward. It is also one of his taller intros.

Big Hearted Lady - A Bennett that has been a recent addition to the garden.

IRON WARRIOR: This is deep rose dark pink large bloom. It is relatively new to the garden.

One more to go.

David

• daylilybedmaker
    2 years ago

KIWI MAGIC - A fantastic Bennett.

HEAVENLY PINK FANG: Late Bloomer. Not well budded.

SHORES OF TIME: Slow to increase, but blooms are consistent throughout the season.

APRIL LAQUINTA: Threw some good blooms, but was slow to increase and had 4 buds per scape for years. Left the garden this past summer.

That is all for the pinks.

David

• lilykate7a
    2 years ago

Good to see all your Bennettt pinks, David. I am adding another pink Bennett.

Pink Jeans

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mantis - Thanks for posting Willow Dean Smith. It always looks more lavender here, as does White Eyes Pink Dragon. Crintonic Beautiful Day is pretty. I don't remember seeing it before.

David - Thanks for posting some of your Bennett pinks. I think Kiwi Magic is my favorite today. April LaQuinta is a pretty thing, but if it only has four buds per scape in your climate, I can understand why you moved it out. Your Shores of Time is so much darker in color than mine is. I like that one because it always reblooms some here.

Shores of Time

Debra

• celeste/NH
    2 years ago

Mantis, some of the pinks I showed are new for me this year and I can't comment much on performance.....but I will try to take the time to give my evaluations from now on since I agree

with you that it's helpful. I was rushing to get the photos up. As for Pinewood Strawberry Moon, I wanted to get it and found it after much searching. Strangely, it went completely dormant and underground in September so I hope I didn't lose it. I did get it's pollen and have several crosses with it to start over the winter and sell. For a new plant, it bloomed very well and seemed vigorous so I don't know what happened. As for Boss Hogg, it is fairly new and taking it's sweet time doing much, just like RFK. Both started as single fans and RFK is still a single fan going into it's 3rd year. I've moved it twice hoping that would help. I'm frustrated by it's lack of vigor and increase. Boss Hogg bloomed ok but all the foliage you see in the photo is actually from plants around it. It isn't much of a plant yet.

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

Natalie Antoinette --good display last season, though typical Stamile bud count here

Jubilee Ball

Aint She Nice --beautiful soft pink; probably needs dividing

Memphis --lower bud count this year than last

Seminole Wind --People have forgotten the wonderful Stamile pinks. Of course, this one, I am told, is very susceptible to rust.

• mantis__oh
    2 years ago

Celeste, after four years in which RFK actually shrank, I gave up. Someone in Kentucky, for whom it grows better but not really well, said that it is a tender dormant that is especially averse to fluctuating spring weather and late freezes. At any rate, life is short, and I moved on.

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mantis - It's good to see a photo of Natalie Antoinette again. I do miss that one - grubs devoured mine a few years ago. I still grow Seminole Wind, but it never seems to have many buds. Perhaps it's time for me to part with it.

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Well I'm late to the thread. Here's some I like:

Debra: Carolina Pale Face, Color of Wonderful.(Natalie Antoinette x Symphony of Praise) x Secret of Contentment

Sherry: Coco's Curiosity. Zuzu, Jolyene Nicole.

Kate: No Boys Allowed.

Maryl: Paradise Road

Celeste: Dance W/ Somebody, {my favorite in this thread], All My Kittens, & Kitty Bannerman x Spacecoast Francis Busby

H. Nancy: Heavenly Be My Valentine

Nancy: Treasure of the Southwest. Too bad it doesn't do better.

Mantis: Boss Lady, Love n Loujem

David: Passing Fancy, Neon Flamingo.

Becky Lynn, wonderfully reliable, 1/2 of the clump blooms and when mostly done the second half blooms. I will avoid splitting it at all costs, as this gives it a very long season.

Beryl Quinn, unique color, reliable, long season

Castle Pinkney, reliable, showy.

Chance Encounter.

Elegant Candy, reliable, long bloom season

Fuchsia Dream, reliable late

more....

• Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Full Grown

North Wind Dancer. I did several crosses with this

Jolyene Nicole

Maleny Empire Rose

Pastures of Pleasure is an amazing pink color. It is between pink and lavender.

seedling Veracity

Sugar Magnolia

Wind Frills

VT Sept. Star

VT Rose Rosy

Zuzu's Treasure

That's all

Brad

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Brad - It's good to see your pinks. I especially liked your photos of Sugar Magnolia and Zuzu's Treasure!

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago

Debra, while Zuzu is a pink for you and others on the forum, it is mostly a lavender or lavender-pink for me. Makes me wonder what it would be for Celeste!

Brad

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    2 years ago

Pinks are my favorite! These photos are just beautiful - so enjoyed seeing them. I have been looking for Pink Lemonade Party for quite some time - does anyone know where it might be purchased? I love the Bennetts as well and would appreciate knowing a source for them if anyone knows one. Thanks again for the beautiful photos - a real treat in the middle of winter when my daylilies look fried. Before cold weather hit - I found a scape on Moonlit Masquerade and brought it in the greenhouse. So far have seen 2 blooms......a real sight for sore eyes this time of year!

Judith

• shive
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Judith - Pinks are my favorites too! David on this thread often has Bennets for sale. You might send him a message. I don't know any sellers that carry Pink Lemonade Party. It's been a slow multiplier for me. If I ever get more than six fans, I can offer it to you.

Debra