SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_867777625

Doubting/hating Bathroom color- salvageable without repainting?

Julie R.
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Maybe “hate” is too string a word, but I’m mildly freaking out over a newly painted bathroom and trying to decide if I need to bite the bullet and have the painters (who’re onsite through the wknd) paint it another color…or even just white… Thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Context: I’m winding down on a major home renovation in a 1988 tract home. Essentially the only room without major overhaul is this upstairs bathroom- used merely by cats and overnight houseguests. Bathroom has two rooms - a double sink area, and a shower/w.c. area - each with a small west-facing window. I’m trying not to invest significantly in this room, but also don’t want to hate it. ✌🏻

New/current: SW Softened Green …with some mockups…

• newly purchased light fixtures (needed a large backplate for the vanity light, unfortunately)
  • new plumbing fixtures (Delta Venetian bronze)
  • potentially repurposed bathmat & soap dispenser/etc from the old master bathroom
  • not-yet-purchased wall art and shower curtain ideas
  • pending: replace vanity pulls with something less chunky

On right: old bathroom color, but pic shows the beige/brown travertine floors:

Shade closer to dusk.

Here’s a view of the hall outside the bathroom. Most of the house has this floor/paint (SW Origami White with SW Snowbound trim), with exception of a downstairs powder room that was just painted purple (SW Expressive Plum) and should have an antique white vanity by next week.

Comments (42)