SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spainte2

Kitchen layout help needed

spainte2
2 years ago

Hi! I’m a long time reader but first time poster. I’m hoping some of you can help with my kitchen layout. We’ve lived in our small 1920s bungalow for 10 years and are finally going to fix up the kitchen with new cabinets, sink and countertops. We don’t have a huge budget so are doing a lot of the work ourselves. Our primary goal is to increase counter space and functionality.

One thing I’m stuck on is where to put the dishwasher. It is now to the left of the sink and in our primary food prep area. The corner is very crowded and the dishwasher being there is annoying.

If I move it to the right of the sink, it would be in a better place, except that it would block the doorway to the basement when the dishwasher door is open. The area by the basement doorway is very tight right now (only 22 inches between the end of the counter and the opposite cabinet!) so I know it has to change anyway. But not sure moving the dishwasher there is the best placement.

Here are pictures of the current layout. We plan on moving the fridge to the right end of its current wall and moving the microwave off the counter to a cabinet to the left of the fridge.

Comments (16)