SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_246445974

Shed roof vs Standard Gable roof for lake house?

HU-246445974
2 years ago

Hello everyone!

We are in the process of planning our home build in British Columbia, and looking for some insight.

Our budget is limited and we're trying to keep things as affordable as possible and wonder which style would be best suited.

We're planning for a simple rectangular framed structure and debating between a single panel shed roof (Vented or unvented to be determined) , or a standard gable style roof with an insulated attic space.

I really like the look of the single panel shed roof and the possibility of cathedral/vaulted ceilings. I'd thought this would be the most cost effective as it can be done without engineered trusses, a single run of eavestrough and very little roof details.

We're now wondering if a standard gable style roof may actually be more affordable and wondering what is actually the case. One other Pro of this option is that I am much more familiar and comfortable with an open attic space as opposed to a cathedral ceiling with limited or no ventilation. I've worked in residential insurance restoration and seen plenty of condensation issues from improper roof ventilation.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County