SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_473797351

Do these wall sconces or combinations look ok for the entry & garage?

Gina N
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I want to do a sconce fixture and trying to get a general direction on the size and shape.

I know about the rule of the sconce being 1/3 to 1/4 the height of the door / garage door - which would be a minimum of 20" (82 / 4) = neither one that I show below makes 20" - but I'm looking more at general direction whether tall and thinner works better than wider and shorter.

Below is a cutout 6" x 16" long (to mimic the Hinkley Atlantis, which I really like, but can't really do on this wall because the way it's configured almost the whole length would start at the junction box and so would be really high) (but still want to see about general size/shape)

Since the left hand side is so narrow - would 2 of these work better by the front door (assuming the HOA allows it.) (I didn't think to make 2 cutouts! But the other one would be on the other side of the front door).

Hmmmm...after posting this now I am thinking...if I could do this by the right of the garage would 3 of these look good. And then I remember I can't do the tall one on the right side...(as far as I know it cannot be installed upside down)

The other cutout mimics the small version of the Hinkley Atlantis, 9" wide x 6"

(ignore the little piece of cardboard sticking out of the top and bottom)

OR...

How would it look if I did the 2 tall Hinkleys by the front door and the short fat one right side of the garage? (I came up with these ideas as I'm posting...)

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (5)