SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

What type of ceiling lights do you have in your home?

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

At "work" but it has really slowed down so was looking at Wayfair lights just to pass some time. I found a few unique chandelier type light fixtures that I kind of like. They look like branches and leaves but aren't. Some day I will change out some of the ceiling fans in my house for something prettier. Every room right now has them. The living room is the worst because my kids broke the glass in there years ago and I haven't been able to find a replacement that fits. There are lamps in there too because the one dim bulb doesn't really light up the room, even though it's small. I don't really use that room anymore but I may someday.

The kitchen has those track lights from the 80s. I kind of like them because they give you lots of light when you're working in there. I have them turned different ways to light the whole room up better. Bathrooms have those make up mirror type strip lights, that are okay. They're starting to rust due to kids not using the fan when they shower, over many years. The hallway has small globe lights and I really hate when they go out because as I've gotten older I'm always afraid I'll fall when changing them up on a ladder or chair. I usually have my daughter change it and the one in the garage.

So what type of lights are in your house? The only ones I've changed since moving here in 2004 or 2005 (can't remember) are the front porch, which is pretty but way too low for most people. My son especially hits his head on it, and the back porch lights, that I did last year when I tore off my sunroom.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer