SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

What type of kitchen do you want, in your new home?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I'm curious about what kind of kitchen really appeals to people...since we all have different tastes and styles. As you plan your new home, what kind of kitchen would you like to include?

Many people choose an open floor plan, with the kitchen part of a larger space, which includes the dining and living areas. They all function as one great room space.

Other people like a kitchen open only to the dining room or family room, while keeping other areas separate. This keep the kitchen open to another space and shares light and views, but it's not a completely open plan.

Still others prefer a separate kitchen, possibly with a small eating or seating area, but not open to the main living and dining spaces.

So, what type do you prefer? How do you use your spaces? Do you fall somewhere in between?

Myself, I plan to have a kitchen that is open to the dining area (through an arch) while also including a small seating area for two, by a fireplace or wood stove. The living room (and TV) will be in a separate space, so baking, cooking, dining and conversation will be the emphasis. It's more of a cottage style (IMHO) and works well in our space.

What about you? Even if it's not what you have...but what you'd like to have :)

Comments (12)