SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Dumb question....

amylou321
2 years ago

Sorry. I am clueless as to this. My question is about bedding. Duvet covers specifically. I never really considered getting one of those duvets and some covers for it. I always bought comforters. Seems that duvet covers cost just as much as a comforter and then you have to buy the duvet to go in it....or do you? That is my question..

Can you put a duvet cover on a regular comforter, or is a specific insert necessary? I mean, is the means to secure the cover in the cover itself or is it on the duvet? It seems like such a hassle to change it when you SHOULD be able to just find a comforter and chuck the whole thing in the washer, before rotating it out with another comforter.

This comes about because am getting increasingly frustrated at my fruitless quest for a jolly Christmas comforter. I found a beauty for Halloween quite easily. The only ones for Christmas I found that were, frankly, gaudy enough to satisfy me, were from a site called cozzyhomes.com which strikes me as somewhat shifty. I do not know why I just do not trust it and have found some troubling reviews. Its a pity, their comforters and even their duvet covers look SO fun!

My search turns up hundreds of results from the above mentioned shifty site, quilts, which I do not want, coverlets/bedspreads that I do not want, and duvet covers. I did find 2 from Collections etc. They are simply wonderful. The trouble is, they have lights so I cannot wash them, and the reviews emphasize that they are really only for decoration, and do not really provide the warmth one would need for December.

So I guess its going to have to be a duvet cover. I just need to know if I need to buy an insert for it too. Or can I use one of my comforters?

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022