SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

New Sunday Brain Game-----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I hope this one is difficult enough for you. You all are acing this game!

The object is to figure out the name, phrase, or title represented by the arrangement of each state or country with accompanying words, letters, colors, or artwork.
For example, the word BACK inside a map of the old Soviet Union would
be "Back in the U.S.S.R."

Comments (110)

• Lars
    2 years ago

I just checked Bookwoman's link and got #6. I kept thinking the map was supposed to be Puerto Rico, but I knew that it was not drawn exactly like PR, but the drawing looks so much like an island.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Blfenton, if I ever have to distinguish between Alberta and Saskatchewan, I'm doomed. I know only that AB is West of Saskatchewan.

• Related Discussions

Sunday's Brain Game---Solution. Don't Look if you're still working!

Q

Comments (84)
    Patriciae - Jasdip said, and I reiterated for you, that the picture wasn’t good and to think of a chest of drawers. I did guess tunnel at one point but couldn’t get the L to work. As for it not being a specific place, no less so than 3, 4, 8, and 12, no? Thanks, Rusty, for solving that mystery! The only one I didn’t get ever or at all was the anchor one. (Obviously with a lot of help.) I’ll have to look that up. Like others, I was hung up on Anchorage but couldn’t get it to work. Usually I give up on the super hard ones, but this one was fun and kept my interest up. Not sure if it was the puzzle itself or the discussion. Thanks jasdip - and everyone!
    ...See More

Sunday Brain Game----SOLUTION

Q

Comments (19)
    Don't give up on me Not for the fainthearted or faint of heart Hot under the collar Square root Too little too late Fair and square Hidden meaning It's all Greek to me Equal rights I stand corrected Before and after Sexy underwear Death sentence Checks and balances Eyeshadow and Stay within the lines
    ...See More

Sunday's Brain Game---SOLUTION

Q

Comments (28)
    Hoorays.....hahaha....good one....never would have gotten that. I was thinking of hoo being the beginning of a word, so came up with various things like brief hook up (lol!), but then rox's and others' h20 made complete sense to me so went with that. Fun.
    ...See More

Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION

Q

Comments (9)
    A couple of these might have been tough for you. Rox, I hope you're all okay. SANDBOX MAN OVERBOARD I UNDERSTAND READING BETWEEN THE LINES LONG UNDERWEAR CROSSROADS DOWNTOWN TRICYCLE SPLIT LEVEL 3 DEGREES BELOW ZERO NEON LIGHTS UNDER-EYE CIRCLES HIGHCHAIR PARADISE TOUCHDOWN FIVE FEET UNDERGROUND MIND OVER MATTER HE’S BESIDE HIMSELF BACKWARD GLANCE LIFE AFTER DEATH OVERSEAS G.I. SPACE PROGRAM SEE-THROUGH BLOUSE JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME
    ...See More
  • Bookwoman
    2 years ago

I kept thinking the map was supposed to be Puerto Rico,

So did I. That one was the most difficult for me, because the picture makes it look like the country is small, when it's not.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Alberta has squiggly lines on the lower half of the left side - those are the Rockies. :)

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I actually got #6 in my first go through even though the place looked nothing like I thought it did. It was the rest of the clue that gave it away. Luck.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Yes. 6 was straightforward if you started with the additional material rather than looking at the map and then worked backwards.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Thanks for the tip, blfenton!

For 6, I couldn't tell what the material was!

• Moxie
    2 years ago

#8 took me forever because I don't watch a lot of movies, but Google is my friend. The rest were pretty quick. My favorite is #9.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I still haven't figured out what the 'material' is in #6. Or is that supposed to be a clue.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Moxie, my favorite is 11. Yum!

Rusty, when I was trying to figure out the material, i had all kinds of ideas for straight things that are kind of that color. Turns out, my top two should have led me to the material, but it took DH figuring out the country to get the answer.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Rusty, you are city? No horse or chicken?

• bpath
    2 years ago

Or duck or . . .?

• User
    2 years ago

Scarecrow?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I think i finally have them all except #3.

• User
    2 years ago

Oolong

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bedding

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Don't look if you want to keep guessing........please let me know if you want to do anything more like this style if I come across them.

1. Born in the U.S.A.

2. Tennessee Tuxedo

3. All the tea in China

4. Blue Hawaii

5. Deep in the Heart of Texas

6. Turkey in the straw

7. Sweet Georgia Brown

8. California split

9. Washington crossing the Delaware

10. New York, New York

11. Baked Alaska

12. Scotland Yard

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, I thought this was really fun. I’m fine with any new puzzles you find.🙂

I got them all thanks to the great hints.

Thanks, Jasdip.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

Not Born in the USA instead of Back.....?

• User
    2 years ago

Oops, yes ”born”

I think Jasdip must have mis-typed.

• bpath
    2 years ago

This was fun, and DH really go into it.

What’s California Split?

I googled it. Now I know, but still never heard of it before. Is it good? Should I see it? I like Gould and Segal.

• Bookwoman
    2 years ago

bpath, it's a movie from the '70s directed by Robert Altman. Not one of his best.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, apparently California Split is a movie. For the longest time, I couldn’t get California split level out of my mind.

I also wondered about a road or a fault line in California but settled on the gambling/movie reference.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Oh, yeah, that’s why California Split did enter my mind. It’s housing style, there are some around here in Chicagoland.

By your gambling reference, I thought you were referring to CHiPS.

• User
    2 years ago

😄 No, I was referring to the poker hand.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for the catch. I changed it to Born. I was thinking of Back in the USSR, obviously.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what California Split is.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, and #7 I first of all thought that was Pennsylvania on its side and thought it could be a Hershey Sidekick chocolate bar. I could see the shape wasn’t quite right.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

1. Born in the U.S.A. ✔️

2. Tennessee Tuxedo 🍀

3. All the tea in China ✔️

4. Blue Hawaii ✔️

5. Deep in the Heart of Texas ✔️

6. Turkey in the straw ❌

7. Sweet Georgia Brown ❌

8. California split ❌

9. Washington crossing the Delaware ✔️

10. New York, New York ✔️

11. Baked Alaska ✔️

12. Scotland Yard ❌

Aside from 12 where I had British rule (Scotland and GB look similar to me so I missed the yard hint) the ❌’s mean nothing to me.

• Bookwoman
    2 years ago

#6: https://youtu.be/s7WUoS561E4

#7: https://youtu.be/HR9wcHWzRMs. An old standard, and as roxsol said, used as the Harlem Globetrotters' theme song.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

All those yellow stick things were straw. The blue thing had to be Turkey.

I got all but Sweet Georgia Brown #7 but DH did give it away for me. ACK. Could you all read the letters on the bar of what I guess is chocolate? Sweet? Brown I get. Georgia I get but sweet? Where does that come from?

I agree that Scotland Yard needed an actual yard even though I got it being familiar with Scotland. I once spent five weeks driving around Scotland. Beautiful country.

• bpath
    2 years ago

A chocolate bar is a sweet. Could you read the letters? and even if you couldn’t, did it not look like a candy bar?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I missed California Split too as i have never heard that term. I thought it was California fault line. And missed All the Tea in China.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I assumed chocolate but sweet and brown didn't register with me. But I did immediately recognize it was Georgia. I could not read the word on the bars. I got all the others though.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I never did get 3, 9 or 10; and for 12, I had scotch tape, thinking that was a measuring tape - haha!!

I suppose I shouldn’t have let the concept of geography intimidate me - I did better than I initially thought I would and might’ve come up with the others had I tried a little harder. I figured the T in China must have referred to tea - kicking myself for missing the phrase!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got all except #8 - I called it California Fault and #10.

Sweet Georgia Browns are another name for Turtles (the chocolate candy made of pecans and caramel and dipped in chocolate) - if that helps.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Blfenton, I didn't know that name for turtles, yum. It makes 7 even better!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Missed 3, 9 & 10. I did better than I thought I would ☺

I still like the wacky wordies better - something about typography is more appealing to me than colorful shapes.

Thanks again for providing these fun challenges, Jasdip!

P.S. What's the green flower next to Tennessee Tuxedo signify, FOAS?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

It’s a four leaf clover. I got lucky by guessing Tennessee Tuxedo without having any idea what it signifies.

• Bookwoman
    2 years ago

FOAS, not sure how old you are, but it was a cartoon in the 1960s: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Tuxedo_and_His_Tales

• blfenton
    2 years ago

This was quite the puzzle for me and it was fun. Taxing but fun.

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

Jasdip, when you post the solution could you also repost the puzzle in the same post? That would make it easier to check the answers against the puzzle. Thanks.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I think my brain took one look at all those shapes and said 'UH uh, nope, no way. not doing geography.' So I argued with it off and on all day, and ended up doing a little better than I thought I would, I did get everything but 2, 6, 7, 8, and 10 right. I knew #2 was Tennessee, but couldn't come up with anything for it, never heard of Tennessee Tuxedo. Finally figured out the blue thing in #6 was Turkey, but was hung on it being a country, so tried to make the yellow stuff be something connected to that. Didn't recognise the shape of Georgia, was stuck on chocolate for #7. Was sure #8 was 'CHiPS', never heard of California split. I thought #10 was Virginia. Yes, I am REALLY bad at geography! And I got #12 thanks to Lars' comment.

I shut down the computer right after my last post last night so I missed all those last hints, I like to think I could have gotten #6 if I'd seen them.

This was really an intersting learning experience, and fun, too. Now that I have a little better idea how they work, hopefully I can do better next time. I think I like the 'old' type puzzle we've been doing better, but this is more of a challenge, and challenges can be fun. Whatever kind of puzzle you want to post, Jasdip, is fine with me.

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here's a refresher of the puzzle as per Terezosa's request

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Ah my mistake!! I kept thinking that was Missouri, not GA!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

^^ Me too, Annie!

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

I know! We confused the two, too! Did you see my comment with their pictures? Practically twins!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Tennessee Tuxedo was voiced by Don Adams - Agent 86, Maxwell Smart of Get Smart, the TV series back in the 60s. But if you're too young to recall Tennessee Tuxedo, Then you're probably too young to remember Get Smart as well.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Nope, definitely not too young to remember Don Adams or 'Get Smart'!

Rusty

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

When it comes to states I think I have an advantage having moved so much. Well I did get 100% on my states and capitols test in 5th grade.(ahem). I dont know how I came to recall California Split. That is a very obscure film. I had trouble with Tennessee Tuxedo. I knew it was Tennessee. I certainly didn't remember it referenced an old cartoon show. The phrase just stuck me as familiar when I sounded it out.

I have made turtles in the past. I can see the pecan connection with Georgia. It aint all peaches.

I thought it was fun but I imagine other countries would be really hard.

• Moxie
    2 years ago

I'm another one with the advantage of having moved a lot. I also like geography.

An aunt who lived in GA used to send me pecans, but I had never heard of the confection. I thought of the song "Sweet Georgia Brown." I had a hard time thinking of anything other than fault lines for California, but I knew that wasn't right. The hint plus Google finally got me to the right answers, but I couldn't have gotten it without help.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio