jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game-----SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (25)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Good morning! I think there are 15, yes? If so I’ve got 11 definites, 2 maybes, and 2 don’t knows at first look. ”I’ll be back.”

• User
    2 years ago

”I’ll be back.”

Okay, Ahhnold. 🙂

Thanks, Jasdip.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Morning, all! I thought I had them all (even the bonus) for a second there, except I just realized I jumped the gun on "en" and my immediate thought isn't right for that one. Will give it some more thought, but at least I'm in good shape otherwise.

• bpath
    2 years ago

There’s one I am still working on, two I have but am not certain on, and I think I have the rest. As usual, though, not the bonus yet. Time for my second cup of coffee!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Mornin' all!

I'm pretty sure we've had most of these in previous puzzles, just not as colorful. I especially remember the 'E' in the third one, but for the life of me can't remember the answer. So far I have eleven that I'm fairly sure of, also missing the bonus. Is the word at the top of the picture of the bonus part of the puzzle?

ETA: Just got the last two, realized they are two separate puzzles. Guess the configuration had me thinking they were together, FOAS' count made me realize they aren't. Thanks, FOAS!

Rusty

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I also remember that E and that what I had last time wasn't quite right but at the moment my brain is frozen by that. I havent had any coffee yet though. DH just got back from his bike ride and I am waiting impatiently. I will be back.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I remember E, but not the answer! That’s why I don’t mind repeats so much lol.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I also thought the bottom 2 were joined until I saw the answers.

Rusty, just Ever is the word for the bonus. I couldn't crop the Underwood name without ruining the puzzle.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I too recall the E but not the answer. I have 11 for sure after my first look and still working on the rest (including the bonus).

• User
    2 years ago

I think those of us who remember what the E answer is should get special kudos for getting it. 😉

• bpath
    2 years ago

I think I just got the bonus!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

1. Mind's Eye
    2. Unbalanced
    3. Brownie Points

4. Total Recall
    5. Hard Up
    6. A Drop in Temperature

7. Shot in the Dark
    8. Last but not least
    9. Enlightening

10. Excuse Me
    11. Foot in the Door
    12. Me and My Shadow

13. G-Men
    14. Tenants
    15. The Plot Thickens

Bonus------never ending

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip.

Enjoy your evening. 🤠

• bpath
    2 years ago

How could I have forgotten Brownie Points! i love brownies. i was a brownie. oh well.

Missed 4 and 9, too, but hey, I got the bonus!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I missed this puzzle. Shoot! My son got married this weekend so it's been busy and I just missed it.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Well, I don’t feel so badly for missing enlightening (again, now that I vaguely remember having that one before!), since it’s backwards….since we read from left to right, it really ought to be endarkening, which, until I just looked it up, didn’t realize was even a word, so would never have come up with that! 😄

Got everything else, though!

Thanks, Jasdip!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I just had pointy. (Point-E)

Missed enlightening entirely and agree it’s kind of darkening!

Couldn’t have come closer to G-men as I was speaking it out, but it failed to hit me in the head.

And the bonus… groan!

See you tomorrow!

• User
    2 years ago

Boy, you guys, I thought my ”special kudos” comment would have jogged some memories for the letter E clue. Oh well. ☹️

blfenton, great news! All the best to the newlyweds.💕

Off to my first golf game of the year. ⛳️

eta

Oh my gosh! It’s Pirate Garb Day today. 🦜

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Congratulations Blfenton!!! That's a valid reason for missing the puzzle! :-D

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

rox, I thought your hint was perfect!

Happy golfing.....

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, I love it! Thank you.

I’m hoping to be able to use it today ”parrrrr” in my best pirate voice.

It’ll drive my husband crazy. 💕

Still laughing, letters😄

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Wonder if I will miss that 'E' again the next time it shows up. Probably will, seems like the E should be brown, and the points are not brown on my monitor. Didn't have anything for 9, either, agree with comments above, it seems backwards. Completely missed the bonus, too.

Rusty

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    2 years ago

Missed 9 and the bonus. For 3 I had appointee.

tj

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

What is it about that pointy E that I cant get? I also did not get the bonus but that is nothing new. Thanks again Jasdip.