2 years ago

Five windows, folks, count them five….

so what is a child of darkness to do?

Considering:

1. short, period style curtains

2. amalgam of salvaged shutters

3. diy’d roller shades + curtains

Problems:

1. I don’t actually love craftsman aesthetic. Much prefer the look of ”left over Victorian, pared down and modernized for the 20s-30s). I like the princess-ness of a billowing curtain.

2. Very sensitive to fumes. My joints swelled painfully until I nixxed my ikea curtains (which matched the bed spread), and which I loved itherwuse for blocking light and sound. I added shutters to try because they arent fabric.

3. I like being in the dark, mostly. Grey evenings are okay but generally it’s sunny here, and it makes it hard to relax.

4. The big window orgy is north facing. Very bright all the time, always cold light. So cold. Che gelida.

5. I don’t have a lot of money. This is mostly to keep busy after quitting my service job because I didn’t want to get COVID or bring it back. I live with my parents and had a cafe job which was fun and stabilizing, but now Im just trying to get into grad program.

Pros:

have a sewing machine and can sew straight seams!

Please advise:

what would you do? And what colors? I really want to eventually paint room a warm green but I suppose a pink curtain or ??? would at least pull the room together.

ps: room is bigger in photos because of wide angle.

plaster and lath walls and I live directly on a fault line. Cannot will not hang anything ”at least six inches above the window.” Besides. its nice trim.

Comment (1)