SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pyke_kenzie

Your Thoughts/Ideas on Living Room Layout?

Mackenzie
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My husband and I recently bought a 1929 home that we're renovating quite a bit since the previous owner didn't take very good care of it, but we love the bones and the charm of that time. It is fairly small (under 1000 square feet) and has a wonderful layout all on it's own, but I'm thinking through a bunch of different ways to orient the living room for a open and bright look (as there are a bunch of windows) while also highlighting the adorable fireplace and arches and having good flow. We don't foresee wanting a tv to be the focus of the room and want there to be good seating options while remaining as open as possible (we're going for a California Casual style). We're pretty low key, but would love to have intimate gatherings of friends and space to do puzzles and play board games (if not at the dining table).

Given where the front door is in comparison to the fireplace, I've considered several layouts for the living room, but would love to glean the wisdom of Houzz community for ideas you have regarding the living room layout! I'd love to hear other thoughts and ideas. And functional storage is limited, so having some storage options might be nice, though we can always accommodate elsewhere/in the dining room as well.

I've considered having two couches face each other on each side of the fireplace, have chairs on the left side in place of one of the couches with a coffee table in the middle, construct a built in arrangement on the left wall by the door in case we want a tv behind doors, etc.

Would love to get other thoughts!

Disregard the current work being done :)

Updated with dimensions copy :)

Comments (3)