SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrapowitzky

Blank kitchen layout....show me your thoughts/ideas

Kim
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

EDIT...FLOOR PLAN IN COMMENTS.

I have attempted to draw a blank space of our layout since my husband and I are at a loss of how to design it. I've seen what you all have done to other floor plans and was hoping that you could help us out! Some things to consider:

We are a family of 4...2 adults and 2 elementary aged children.

Most likely doing an Ikea kitchen.

It will be an open layout kitchen/living room with no other dining space in the home. We don't mind only eating at an island, but are also open to other ideas since we often have people over for dinner.

We are open to switching the sliding door's location to where the large window is right now. We are also open to closing up the existing sliding door space and creating larger windows where the 42 1/8" window is now.

Currently the only plumbing is where the 42 1/8" window is now...that's where our existing sink and dishwasher are located.

All loadbearing walls are on the outside of the house.

The back kitchen wall looks out into our backyard which over looks our deck and a lake so we'd like to maximize the view.

Need a pantry since we currently store all of our "overstock" in the basement bathroom.

We are planning on getting a microwave drawer, using our large French door fridge, and need to purchase an exhaust fan, dishwasher, stove, range, cooktop (whatever the plan calls for) - most likely gas, but also considering induction.

We entertain for every holiday and would like a warming drawer or second oven for this purpose. Since it's only a couple of times a year it may not necessarily be needed.

Please let me know any other information you need and I really appreciate all of your input!

Comments (14)