SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
takklotz

4" or 6" LED Recessed Lighting For Small Bathroom Remodel

Terry
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm remodeling my small master bathroom. It is 5 ft x 11 ft. The electrician asked me which size I would like him to install; 6" or 4" LED lights. There will be 3 LED lights installed: one on the ceiling above the shower, and the two other ones equally spaced out on the ceiling outside the shower. The only other sources of light I will have are a 24" W x 36"H LED framed mirror above a corner makeup vanity, and a 30" W x 30" H medicine cabinet framed with LED lights above my floating sink vanity situated right outside the shower. I understand that 4" lights are more modern, and since my bathroom design is modern, it should be a no brainer. However, I do like a well-lit room. The electrician said that there probably wouldn't be a noticeable difference in the amount of light that either size emits. He will install a dimmer regardless of which size I choose. I'm still wary of making the wrong decision. I would like the 4" because they will be consistent with my bathroom design. Unfortunately, I will only know in hindsight if the 4" LED lights are sufficient. Does anyone have any insight as to whether the 4" lights will sufficiently light up my bathroom, or if I should just choose the 6" lights because they could potentially produce more light? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to decide very soon:)

Comments (5)