SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_808262652

Zline Oven not working

Lisa Blow
2 years ago

I have had my Zline in use for a couple of months. When I try to preheat it, it has take up to an hour. It will never get to temp if I put it on convection. When I made cookies they were supposed to take 11 minutes and took 25. Depending on the setting, some will be burnt and some raw after the recommended cooking time. There is no even cooking on the convection setting at all. I have contacted zline several times and they eventually get back with me via email and ask me to troubleshoot it. I have and it passes those tests. I can't get a live person on the phone after numerous attempts. I really need them to send someone to come and look at it. I had it professionally installed. This over was a huge splurge for me. I absolutely LOVE to cook but now nothing I make comes out right. 😭 I can't even make a can of biscuits. I have all this money invested in a piece of art at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have watched numerous YouTube videos on how to preheat it, then change settings etc. Thank you!

Comments (107)

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last year

Hello @Kristina Raine,

We are incredibly sorry to hear about your experience with ZLINE. We hold customer service and customer satisfaction to the highest standard and we can assure you that we stand behind the quality of our products. We strive to do our best to resolve all issues in a timely manner to ensure that customers are satisfied with their product. If you have any further questions or concerns, please send us a DM on Facebook or Instagram (@zlinekitchen) or contact us at zlinekitchen.com/contact.

• delkp
    last year

This is so dissapointing! I thought I was getting a luxory stove. 2 months and the oven quit! And why are there so many people with the same problem! Brand new kitchen with a piece of crap stove! Good job Zline!

• Related Discussions

Would this work as a compromise? Speed oven vs. second oven/micro

Q

Comments (5)
    We sure love ours, (Elux Speed oven). Wife still uses our 30" Electrolux oven quite a bit, but I use the speed oven a lot. It can Speed cook, regular bake, convection bake, broil, grill, etc. I guess I'm a bit more modern than the wife, as there are few things that we prepare, except for Holidays, that do not fit in the Elux Speed Oven. And the Mieles and the Advantiums are even bigger inside, and unlike the Elux, they will also broil. She does use it for taters, sweet taters and yams. I thought about retraining her to use the speed oven more, but as long as she happy and turns out good meals, I think I will "Leave Well enough alone". (Your mileage may vary). (LOL) Gary
    ...See More

ZLine 30" Range Oven Size Question

Q

Comments (3)
    We purchased a 36 inch Zline range and promptly returned it. The cooling fan was so ridiculously loud you couldn’t hold a conversation in the kitchen with the oven on, the fan automatically comes on when the oven is in use, and the heat that comes out at the top of the door is just as ridiculous! The whole front of the range got super hot, the knobs, the door, everything. Hot as in burn yourself hot! We did some more research on gas ranges after we returned the Zline and we now have a 36 inch BlueStar open burner, all gas range and we love it. No cooling fan, the front of the range just gets slightly warm to the touch when the oven is in use and the open burners are fabulous. And yes, the BlueStar will fit a full sheet pan.
    ...See More

zline gas on gas oven not heating up advice

Q

Comments (15)
    LAKELAND LUMBER & HARDWARE - I'm having the same issue. They did the recall work, but after that it still smelled, they came out again and replaced something else I forgot now. Ours will not get above 400 either, we had it on 500 and it took 2hrs to cook a 4.5lb chicken. When we took it out the veggies in the bottom of the pan were luke warm. I hate to say it but every time I talk to a reputable appliance store, the feedback is "they sure do look pretty though don't they...." For a family that enjoys cooking this "professional" range has been a joke. I'm at the stage where I just want a refund for this product.
    ...See More

Zline 48 inch range not heating properly

Q

Comments (3)
    Hello Bernadette Giancarlo, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and experience you have had with your ZLINE range. We would love to assist you and help resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com to best reach our customer service team. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    ...See More
  • PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hello delkp,

We are incredibly sorry to hear about your experience with ZLINE. We hold customer service and customer satisfaction to the highest standard and we can assure you that we stand behind the quality of our products. We strive to do our best to resolve all issues in a timely manner to ensure that customers are satisfied with their products. For any assistance please reach out to our customer support team at zlinekitchen.com/contact.

• Sallyport Customer Service
    last year

We had the same problem where it took forever to getforeverget toto 300 degrees. We then discovered the installer put there wrong size nozzle in the oven when doing the LP conversion. It now works great. GoodGoodGoodGood

• Michelle Wait
    last year

I could copy and paste 90% of these comments regarding my experience with a brand new ZlLine RA36 dual fuel range!!
    I’ve used the oven 5 times since purchasing a couple months ago. Oven is 50 - 80 degrees off, i.e. set at 400, falls quickly to 315ish before heating kicks in again, then gets to around 410 shuts off heating, temp falls rapidly and the cycle starts all over again. Doesn’t matter what temp or setting, it never cooks correctly. The small burner doesn’t go low enough to use for simmering and I have the taller burner racks!
    I just submitted the requested photos and answered questions. Hopefully, all of these complaints will be resolved since there are certainly enough for legal action!
    Buyer beware

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last year

Hello @Sallyport Customer Service,

Thank you for your comment. We're glad to hear your range is working properly! If you have any other questions down the road, please reach out to us!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last year

Hello @Michelle Wait,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for your experience with your ZLINE range. We have located your case in our system and we see that an email was sent to you on April 14th, stating that the manufacturer warranty is voided due to the range being purchased from a liquidation center. At this time, we recommend getting back in contact with Columbus Liquidation, as they have misinformed you about the warranty of your product.

• Chantell Evans
    9 months ago

What a mess! My husband and I recently moved into our house and were excited for a 6 burner ”top of the line” luxury ZLINE range. We went to use it and noticed it was taking forever to preheat and the roasted veggies came out undercooked after an hour. I decided to do some research and could copy and paste my experience from above! How is this still an issue after so many customer complaints?!?! ZLINE please do better!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    9 months ago

Hello @Chantell Evans, we understand the frustration that this inconvenience has caused to you and the others on this thread. Please know our quality team is working diligently every day to improve our products, and appreciate the feedback we receive. If you have not done so already please fill out a contact form at zlinekitchen.com/contact, our customer service department will be happy to help!

• wdccruise
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

@Chantell Evans: Here's a Conversation on the Zline RA36 failure of lower heating element. You might check whether it's the lower heating element that no longer works and examine whether the connection to it that is the problem.

• Stephanie Taylor
    6 months ago

I have been so dissappointed with my ZLINE products. I have received 5 refrigerators, due to 2 broken ones and then 3 replacements with damage. I have received a replacement microwave wall oven because mine had issues a few months after purchasing. I had a defective range hood, my dishwasher rack broke two weeks after installation. It broken again on the 2nd rack after a few months, but I didn't bother to call them because they act as though I am breaking my stuff after spending over $9000 for appliances. Now my stove top 4 burner, won't heat on all 4 burners at the same time and my wall oven has decided to stop heating up. My refrigerator is so loud now, it didn't use to be loud but now it is making anoying purring sound. This has been the worse experience I have ever had with an appliance company. I had also thought about contacing my attorney, but I was able to speak with the niece of the Owner/President of Zline. I am going to be reaching out to her again after I get back from vacation. I do not recommend ever purchasing any products from ZLINE!

• Michelle Wait
    6 months ago

**UPDATE**

I initially posted 5+ months ago about my experience with this oven. After multiple emails to ZLine requesting help and/or a resolution, they finally sent me a new (free) “thermistor”. I installed the new one (approx 3 hours) and now the oven works quite well. The only other issue is the door doesn’t seal well because I made an XL pumpkin roll recently and the area near the door was a couple shades lighter than the rest, still cooked through but obviously uneven. I will adjust.

I give credit to ZLine for sending me the free part that was needed, but the whole experience was very frustrating and took way too long to resolve! I got the oven at a discount store and if they would have said ”but it needs a new thermistor”, ($100), I still would have bought it and also bought the part and had a working oven immediately, instead of wasting most of the summer getting it figured out. **TRANSPARENCY** we all need more of it!!

If your oven isn’t heating up and maintaining set temp, consider replacing the thermistor!!

Hope this helps someone!!

• K S
    6 months ago

also an update
    I purchase a zline range in January, 2021. In October, 2022, the oven stopped working (and yes, this would be out of warranty.) After several calls and emails, zline sent me a new range, I had it installed and it’s been working wonderfully since then. I am very satisfied with my experience, mainly I have been fighting another company since April regarding a brand new, but defective refrigerator. I’lleven say their name…Frigidaire! (This may get deleted because of it) I have had an absolutely horrific time dealing with that manufacturer, I wish it was Zline!
    I wish you good luck, but nothing can be worse than the huge machine of Frigidaire/Electrolux!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    6 months ago

Hello Michelle Wait, thank you for updating us. We are happy to hear your issue has been resolved. We appreciate your feedback and time to follow up. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    6 months ago

Hello Stephanie Taylor, we are sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your appliances. We have located your cases in our system, and have notified our customer service team of your ongoing issues. We will have one of our representatives reach out to discuss this further with you. Please let us know if you have any questions!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    6 months ago

Hello K S, thank you for giving us this update. We are happy to hear that our customer service team was able to give you exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

• Tom Renk
    4 months ago

In 2021, I too purchased a Zline 36" range and the oven has never worked correctly. I monitor the temperature "leaks" with an infrared temp gun. I can see where the oven heat leaks due to improper door sealing. Talk about not being "green". Waste of energy. Also, oven heat isn't even .

For the price of this range I would have expected better quality.

of Zline ranges!

• dadoes
    4 months ago

Tom Renk, I'm curious if you've checked other ovens (Zline or not) for comparison to yours regards to leaking heat ... friends and family, your previous unit, etc.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    4 months ago

Hello Tom Renk, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to help resolve any issues you're still experiencing. If you would like, please email contact@zlinekitchen.com for the best assistance. Thank you.

• Jeremy Bertomeu
    4 months ago

I bought a convection+microwave oven, but the unit never worked. I created a case with ZLine, but it's been over two weeks and ZLine is not getting back to me, so I am stuck with a kitchen without a microwave or oven. I sent everything that was requested (videos), called 10+ times, and only spoke to a person once. The unit was never used and we realized it was not working when we tried to operate it. I am not sure what to do, but I don't want to wait months for ZLine to address the issue. No timeline was ever given to me, or even solution.

zline case number: 00649008

Model: MWO-30-BS

serial number: MWOMI21080020-00

Is all of this normal? I thought ZLine was supposed to have good customer service and had a manufacturer warranty, so I am very disappointed with my experience so far!

• wdccruise
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Did you try creating a case on the Zline Experience Portal?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    4 months ago

Hello Jeremy Bertomeu, thank you for providing your case number. We sincerely apologize for this experience. After reviewing your case, one of our representatives has processed an exchange for your microwave oven. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.

• Warren J
    4 months ago

If you care about your ability to stay alive then stay away from ZLINE. We bought our stove in 2019 and have received recall notices in December 2022 and now again in December 2023. Both of them told us that we may have been exposed to CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING and to stop using our oven. Looking back we definitely experienced symptoms of mild CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING. We couldn’t figure out why some of us were so fatigued, or having headaches, fogginess of mind and or nausea. I just want ALLLLLLLLLL of my money back NOT the pro-rated refund ZLINE is offering. How dare they expose my family to toxic gases and then insult me with this pitiful excuse of a solution. They have the WORST customer service i have ever experienced, and im not exaggerating. After receiving the 2nd recall notice I called ZLINE and waited for 1hr, 21mins, 38 secs and still didn’t speak to a human. When i got the first one i called their customer support and no matter which option i selected the system hung up on me.

My intention is to print 1000 copies of the ZLINE recall notice and hand them out to Home Depot and Lowes customers who plan on buying appliances. I also plan on creating some signs and standing outside those stores until i feel satisfied.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    4 months ago

Hello Warren J, we understand your frustration and apologize for the wait times as our customer service team is experiencing a high influx of inquiries. We were unable to locate a case in our system under your profile name alone. However, we are happy to gather your case number here or you can send us a direct message on one of our other social channels with your case/contact information. We look forward to hearing from you.

• HU-387619371
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Oh friends, I will NEVER buy another product from ZLINE again. We did a HUGE kitchen remodel and ordered a complete kitchen applicance package. Oven, microwave, range hood, dishwasher, fridge. Once our remodel was complete, we opened and installed our new things. The fridge didn't work properly, right out of the box. They refused to send a new one and instead sent someone to fix it - even though RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX it never worked. The oven - we used it for 7 months and the top element burnt in two! Remember that the appliances sat in a box until our remodel was finished? Well, so that meant that by the time the oven broke, our one year warranty was past. NOT ONE YEAR OF USE. One year past the ORDERING date. I didn't even recieve the oven until July. It was rendered useless 11 months after I received it. 13 months after I ORDERED it. Reached out to ZLINE and they essentially said SUCKS FOR YOU - NOT OUR PROBLEM.

WHAT A WASTE of money! I wish I could shove all this crap out in to the woods. I STRONGLY advise against purchasing anything from ZLINE.

zline - in case you change your mind, (order #20369)

• Thomas Santo
    3 months ago

How do I get a hold of the person who is heading the recall effort. I have had nothing but run around ZLINE is not working the recall properly. I manufactured gas ranges for 15 years. They are cutting corners and cheap way out

• Lisa Blow
    Original Author
    3 months ago

If there is a recall, we need to be a part of it. Zline sent me a 3rd oven and they have all worked awful. The last time they basically said we are done with this. I have a beautiful fancy stove that to bake anything, I have to babysit and rotate it constantly so half of the food isn't raw and the other half burnt.

• Lisa Blow
    Original Author
    3 months ago

We need in on this recall. 3 ovens in and none of them have worked. The last oven they sent, they pretty much said that if it doesn't work, sorry but we are done trying. Anything I bake has to be constantly rotated so it isn't raw and burnt at the same time. Opening the door all the time isn't helpful on the poor temp regulation it has either.

• ashleyb_212
    3 months ago

Has anyone had any progress on this? We literally have the same issue... there is nobody local who can work on the oven where I live, and the replacement part is still out of stock despite assurances it would be stocked on December 22, 2023. Obviously this is a problem, as last week there were seven review on the replacement part, all stating that they're waiting on the same part, stating frustration that there are so many people in need of this out of stock item, and frustration that zline has not issued a recall or made any effort to remedy the situation. (Although in checking today, it appears as though the reviews have been removed from the zlineparts website.) I have never had an issue with any range/oven I've had over the years and yet have had nothing but issues with this one, which I bought new, and I've had it less than three years. I did create a case number, which they responded to quickly... yet they just told me the new date for stocking the part is January 5, 2024, followed up with the statement that said date is "subject to change". Shocker... it's still not in stock today, January 5. Where is the accountability from Zline??

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Thomas Santo, we are unable to locate a case in our system with our profile name. Please provide your case number here or on our other social channels for us to ensure you are being provided the best assistance.

• Lisa Nemec
    3 months ago

Hey everyon— I could cry…again. Last super bowl my oven stopped getting hot zline did replace. (it wasnt fun, BUT they did replace). Now, it won’t heat again. Nearly 500degrees and my pizza cheese will not melt. I preheated, and it has been in for 17 min. is anyone else on oven 2? What now?? 😭

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Lisa Blow, we were unable to locate recent communication to our customer service team. Please reply directly to one of your email cases or fill out a new contact form here for the best assistance: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello ashleyb_212, we apologize for this situation. Our representatives provided the most up-to-date information available from the shipping company and did not intend to provide false information. Please provide your case number for us to ensure you are being provided the best assistance.

• Angelia Worzel
    3 months ago

Last night was the straw in trying to have patience with my ZLine RA36. After 3 hours of trying to cook a dish on all of the oven settings I could literally pull the pan out with my hands, no protection needed. I have noticed that Ithe oven door does not seal, leaking hot air out so warm that it heats the kitchen up and a fan is needed to cool. Since day one it has cooked uneven. I went against my husband and bought this beautiful piece and right now I am regretting the 3K and the hate the beginning of "I told you not to do it". I can see from all these comments that this will be a long journey. I really just want it picked up and my money refunded.

• Lisa Nemec
    3 months ago

I feel your pain, Angelia - its a terrible pain, 😩

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Angelia Worzel, we want to ensure you are being provided full assistance. We were unable to locate a case under your profile name alone. May we ask you to provide your case number here for us to investigate further?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Lisa Nemec, we have located your case in our system and will have a representative proceed with assistance.

• Christina barnett
    3 months ago

My heating indicator light was the first thing to stop working. Then the bottom heating element. When this happened I called Zline and was on hold for hours, then I tried the callback feature, but never got a call back even weeks later. I tried calling again and was in a queue and as soon as I got to the next person I was told by an automated voice their representatives were busy helping others and to email them; and then I was disconnected. I continued to wait for my call back and now the top heating element does not work and some of the fans do not seem to turn on either. Too expensive to not work. I have finally submitted an email with my model number (did not seem where to send an email for the longest time) and have a case number, but I am not going to hold my breath for an actual fix.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Christina barnett, we have located your case in our system. Our customer service team is currently awaiting further information via email to best assist. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding their requests.

• Rajiv Malhan
    2 months ago

zline appliances are piece of crap. I am not sure who are the idiots who keep on giving them thumbs up. I just took my 2 year old DW and ripped it out and ready to do the same to my Gas Range.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello Rajiv Malhan, we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your ZLINE products. We have located a case under your name from 2021. We are more than happy to assist in finding a resolution to the issues you are experiencing, please reply to the email from contact@zlinekitchen.com to proceed.

• K Tor
    last month

Purchased a whole kitchen of Zline appliances, biggest mistake of my whole house renovation. Customer service is HORRIBLE!! The customer service number is a waste of time as I was told by one of their reps that they had 900 calls in queue with 15 reps. My refrigerator stopped working less than 6 months of install and finally had to purchase another brand refrigerator 2 months later since they couldn’t get me one within a reasonable amount of time. My double oven is now having trouble keeping heat and won’t go above 300. I have no idea what to do at this point. I emailed the president in hopes of some response but as expected, this didn’t happen. I heard someone mention a class action suit against Zline, if you have this information, lease let me know. They are now deleting all negative comments on Facebook because they were being inundated with dissatisfied customers. Hhmmm

• Lisa Nemec
    last month

I finally got so insanely tired of them and their smoke and mirror show that we went through our credit card company. thank goodness we put our appliances on a card and the card offered extended warranty. we had 2 sep people come out (one was sent by zline) and they told us the new hinges and new heating element would not fix it (duh) and it was the cicruit board- and the fact that they are just made like crap. im thankful we have settled it, zero help from zline- and we can move on with a different brand. i NEVER want to hear the name zline again.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello K Tor, we sincerely apologize that you have experienced these issues. We are unable to locate a case under your profile name alone. Please provide your case number for us to ensure you are provided the best service.

• Bob z
    last month

How does ZLine and such great reviews on all the sites like Home Depot and Lowe’s? Fake reviews?

• rkirsch6
    last month

We received a brand new replacement oven, SGR 30” all gas oven. We had to recut our cabinets, recut our counter tops to accommadate the different dimensions from the RG30 that was recalled which cost us ALOT of money. We finally had the new oven installed and we used it for the first time yesterday. The oven temperature is 50 degrees off. we followed the directions and preheated the oven for 30 minutes but the oven was still 50 degrees less than what we set it for: we set the bake at 400 and it never heated past 350. We then decided to try again today, and we set the oven temperature at 350 and the oven never heated past 300. The experience with these Zline ovens have been a nightmare. Does anyone know how to calibrate this oven to achieve the correct temperture? Did you hire an appliance repairman? Never buy a Zline product! The old recalled RG30 was a nightmare also.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello @rkirsch6, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your new range. We will have a customer service representative give you a call to assist further.

• creigh1
    22 days ago
    last modified: 22 days ago

Zline case # 00723508 4/4/24 @ 11:55am

RG30 oven owner two years this summer. Oven is now 50 degrees off. I used two different oven thermometers to confirm. I have reached out to find out how to calibrate the oven because it appears the only way it's going to happen is if I do it myself. Never got a reply. Heating within the oven is uneven although the convection fans (which do NOT turn off) are running. Some baked goods get close to burning and others are raw in the middle. Have been through TWO carbon dioxide warnings with this oven. The first time the parts that needed replacing arrived in about a month and then another month until a tech came out to install them. I never heard anything from Zline after the second time when the Sears tech left after checking for CO2. His last words were, "I'll send these results back to Zline and they will be in touch". That was three months ago.

Zline, get your stuff together! I tell anyone looking at your products "buyer beware". I can't think of a purchase I've made in my entire life that I regret as much as this purchase.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    21 days ago

Hello creigh1, thank you for providing your case and bringing this to our attention. We never received the results of your inspection from Sears. We have notified our customer service team of this occurrence, and they will reach out shortly with the proceeding steps.