SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocky_balbeoa

Kitchen Update On A budget. Please Help.

Chuck M
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello. I was wondering if I can get some help or ideas about how to update this kitchen on a budget. This is my girlfriends kitchen. She's a full time nurse and an overtime mom, so sorry for the mess. I try to give her my input on what I think, but it always seems like we come back full circle and we have no idea what to do.

Ok here are things that we know what to do for sure.

The aquarium is going out for sure. (well get back to this later)

The counter tops are going to be changed.

Backsplash added

Floor changed

Ok here's where we are stumped... She wants to add a cabinet near the sink for a trash can and add a corner upper. Basically moving that whole snack bar/island over to the back.

Also, where the aquarium is currently, she would like to extend the cabinets (lowers & uppers)

Here's where the problem lies. Lowes can still order these cabinets but it would cost almost $2000 for basically 5 cabinets. We shopped around and buying different cabinets for her whole kitchen would be around $4,000-$5,000. She's kind of reluctant to put so much money in a town home.

So any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is a patio door here near the trash can

There is a closet/pantry here just past the aquarium.

The back or the pictures is the entry to the dinning room. The picture was taken from the dinette. I forgot to add that she has purchased all new stainless steel appliances. (we got to good of a deal at lowes to pass up)

I mean "townhouse".... since its not an actual house, she feels like its not worth investing to much into a townhouse.

Comments (23)