2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (53)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oops got D2

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

And I guess I have C3 if it’s pretty straightforward.

See you later for hints!

• Related Discussions

Happy Hump Day's Brain Game----SOLUTIONS!!

Q

Comments (25)
    I had cry all the way to the bank but I didn't think that sounded right. Don't think I like that one. :-))) I agree that high stakes are equally correct as the stakes are high.
    ...See More

It's Hump Day! Time for another Brain Game----SOLUTION

Q

Comments (31)
    I was right on #'s 1, 2 and 3. I thought #6 was 'stand off'. As for #4, it's kind of funny. "Back to the Future' did briefly cross my mind, but then I read Fun2B's hints. Having no idea of what 'McFly' might be, I figured my idea was wrong. No way I'd ever come up with 'midwife' for #5, but it makes perfect sense when you see it. My mind was hung up on something to do with splitting up with the wife, divorce, something along those lines. Rusty
    ...See More

Your Hump Day Brain Game-----SOLUTION!

Q

Comments (31)
    Sometimes I get fixated on a wrong solution and it takes me longer to get it right. Like #1, I kept wanting it to be "split lip" even knowing that that would look different. Took me awhile to get tulips. #4, I had "go into motion", which I think also works.
    ...See More

Hump Day Brain Game-----SOLUTION!

Q

Comments (25)
    Does anyone else feel pretty dumb when you see the answers and they look so logical you wonder how were you able to NOT see them? I felt pretty sure #3 had something to do with the Internet, but just couldn't put it together. The minus sign didn't register as such, I thought it was a partial underline, which made no sense. I did finally, this morning, get #4, which is too simple to take that long. I guess my brain is getting old and worn out, like the rest of me. Rusty
    ...See More
  • blfenton
    2 years ago

I have an automatic reaction for D2 but suspect it's wrong but, of course, I'll never be able to unthink it.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

My immediate answer for D2 was one I didn't really like at first but the more I look at it, the more I'm guessing it may be right.

• User
    2 years ago

Working on C2 and C3.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I think I have C3!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Got C2!

Isn't it funny how sometimes they jump right out at you after not looking at them for bit?

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Still have B1 and D3 to figure out.

I'm really unsure of D2 but I'll leave it for now.

• User
    2 years ago

Yep. I think I just got C2 as well, bpath.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

In my opinion my answer to D2 is something that one should be confident with.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Just got A1 ! Only B1 left to solve.

• User
    2 years ago

In my opinion my answer to D2 is something that one should be confident with.

FOAS, there could be a variant to the answer.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

"In my opinion my answer to D2 is something that one should be confident with."

Is that a hint? D2 is the only one I'm not sure of, all the rest seem pretty easy, especially the two that are variants of yesterday's game.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Rusty, there is a hint in my comment to FOAS.

.😷

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Yes, no hint in my comment, but roxol’s response makes it a bit more plane to see.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Roxsol. I wasn't asking FOR a hint, I was asking IF that was a hint, trying to make it fit with my answer.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, my apologies Rusty. I misunderstood. I thought I was being helpful since you were asking about hints. My mistake.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Stuck on A2 & B1, but I think I have the rest - but I could be wrong 😀

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Carol!!! B2?! Sorry but I think you'll understand why I’m surprised; you got the hard ones!

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I thought B1, was one of the harder ones! It took me quite a while. (not a hint)

• bpath
    2 years ago

I THINK I have B1. But the arrangement is making me both doubt and confirm my idea.

• User
    2 years ago

C3, I have two answers. I like one slightly better than than the other.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I may have them all, but i am not real confident in my answer to B1 and D2.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“FOAS, I thought B1, was one of the harder ones! It took me quite a while. (not a hint)”

Roxol - I’m don’t know if I misread or if she edited after I responded, but I thought she said B2.

But if anyone is having chronic issues with B1 they should see a Dr. 😉

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

@ FOAS - I did go back and edit almost immediately. You must have seen that in the few moments it was up before I fixed it 🙃

B2 was super easy 😃

• bpath
    2 years ago

FOAS, well, now you have completely turned my answer for B1 on its head. I thought I had it, and now I’m at a loss.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I’d like to try and help you out but I’m a little scared. 😳 (not a hint)

I agree with FOAS.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

bpath, you probably have it but just don’t get my reference. Stick with your gut!

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, being married to a guy who grew up on a farm, I have a different thought on B1, especially at this time of the year but I’m pretty sure no one would connect with it. I get your reference, though.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Yippee - I figured out A2!

• bpath
    2 years ago

It’s Thursday night, do you know where your solution is? (Does anyone else remember that PSA?)

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I thought A1 was cute.

A-1 Pecan Pie
    A-2 Spring Break
    A-3 Smile

B-1 The Aftermath
    B-2 Once Upon A Time
    B-3 Foreign Language

C-1 Splitting Headache
    C-2 Color Between the Lines
    C-3 Overnight Delivery

D-1 Grandpa
    D-2 Mississippi Delta
    D-3 Way Behind Schedule

• bpath
    2 years ago

Dang, I had ”broken spring” for ”spring break”. My kids have been out of school too long.

• bpath
    2 years ago

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Can’t believe I never got B1 - it wasn’t really that hard!

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I think you deserve full marks for ’broken spring’.🙂

My comment about B1 and farmers is that they call the stubbly new growth on a field after the harvest ’the aftermath’.👨‍🌾🚜

Thanks, Jasdip. Lots of fun.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I did not get D3 which was so obvious.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

^^ I grew up on a farm and never heard that term used that way. Must be a regional thing.

And finally! I got them all right! ! Even though that's not how we pronounce A1 in this part of the world, it is cute. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that 'pee cans' and 'pa kahns' are the same thing.

;^)

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

I had color blind for C2 and thought they were blinds.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’m going to raise a minor objection to C3. ”PM” is only partly - less than half - what I’d consider night. So I never came up with overnight delivery but rather morning delivery. I’d agree that overnight delivery is a far more common term though. Awarding myself partial credit.

My hint for B1 was references to Dr Dre whose first album was The Chronic, and who later released a compilation album The Aftermath under his newly formed label.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I had 'color lines'.

We've always said 'inside the lines' not between them - which works too, I think.

'Aftermath' is the only one that totally eluded me. I got hung on above or below - and 'the'. 'After' never occurred to me. How does 'the' factor in?

Thanks again, Jasdip 😀

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

”the” came after ”math”, hence ”the aftermath”

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

We’ve always said ‘color inside the lines’ too, so I think it works, Carol.

For D3 I had ’Way off schedule’ which I guess works too.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

"The" was under "Math" not after it. If it is The Aftermath it should have been written

Math The.

For C3 I had Delivery on time. Glad to see I was right with Mississippi Delta - I did really wonder.

The rest I got correct.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Blfenton, I think the placement of the words in B1 is why it took me so long to get B1, and I still wasn’t 100% sure.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I agree with blfenton - sometimes these clues aren't optimal.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Carol is your last post after or below bpath’s?

I believe the answer is ”yes.”

• User
    2 years ago

Rusty, I'm curious what your answer was when asking FOAS if his comment was a hint to D2. Obviously, you were looking to verify your answer. Just saying.

eta I like these puzzles and working as a group.😃

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Sometimes it takes a pretty good stretch of the imagination to get an answer to fit the clue. Or vice versa. And sometimes I think the puzzle creators don't have a very good command of the English language. Or maybe it's just how different areas have different sayings, or speech patterns, or whatever you want to call it. I've always said 'color inside the lines', too, but I'm calling that a correct answer.

Roxsol, I had the right answer for D2, but wasn't real confident about it. I was trying to decide if he was hinting at something else, or whether I would stick with what I had or try to come up with something else. I decided to quit fussing with it and just stay with what I had. Wed. was not a real good day for me, and I think it kind of came through in my posts, sorry.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

That’s okay Rusty. I understand. I really was trying to be helpful.

I enjoy these puzzles especially because I get to read what others are thinking. Actually, I find some of the hints as much as a puzzle as the puzzle itself. Many make me laugh and many I find really clever. I like to imagine we all are sitting at a kichen table chatting and comparing notes. Way more fun than just doing a puzzle alone.

This thread is always a nice break from a lot of things going on in the world.🙂

I hope your day is going better today.